We stayed in the rooms that are above the main facilities and it was quite a walk down to the beach and food areas. Our first room had ants and we didn't realize it at first. While we visited the pool, the ants came out and some got into our suitcases. That first room had a sign in the bathroom instructing guests to place their toilet paper in the trash can rather than flushing it. Well, they moved us to a nearby room that didn't have ants or the bathroom issue. The place may as well be all inclusive because it is way too far to eat somewhere else. (Our departing bill was $275 for lunch, two dinners and horses for 4 hours.) The restaurant menu and food was great, BUT, there was a buffet on Saturday night and no menu. We did not like any of the buffet food and it was $25 each plus beverages. Again, too far to go anywhere so you are essentially stuck with whatever they are offering. The internet was super slow and $5. The rooms that are closer to the beach looked much nicer and they had some that were like bungalows. Those would have been better I think. We did ride some nice horses from their stables to Montezuma and that was pretty nice. We saw monkeys on that ride. It would have been nice if our guide could have spoken English and told us about some of the animals or plants we passed by, but oh well. It was lots of fun to gallop along the beach with water splashing everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor