My wife and I just spent 3 days/nights at Tango Mar at Playa Tambor for our honeymoon (Nov 2009) and we cannot believe how wonderfully luxurious and romantic our stay there was. It is amazing how a reasonably priced resort as Tango Mar is could make a regular couple, like us, feel like we were rock stars. True, Tango Mar is a bit secluded, but as great as the staff were treating us, we had no reason to go anywhere else. The trip started with a free upgrade to a Tiki Room, which was located about 10 yards from the beach, and things only got better. The service was impeccable. They were friendly, funny and were extremely proficient in English. They brought drinks to you at the pool or to your room. The cleaning staff was methodical and left cute towel animals and fresh flowers on our bed every day (which my wife loved). The owner, Hilde, was a most gracious host. She greeted us every time our paths crossed and she spent time every evening at dinner getting to know us and regularly asked us if there was anything we needed to make our stay better. The resort has a computer in the lobby for guests to use as long as they like, but they also offered wireless internet for $5 a day, which isn’t very much. They do offer Golf, Horse Riding, Spa Treatments, amongst other things, but we didn’t partake in any of those, after spending months planning a wedding, we were happy to spend our days lounging by the pool, walking on the beach and eating and drinking. The menu is limited, but every item we ordered was absolutely delicious. I had the lasagna twice it was so good. I’d go back there in a second, in fact, I better start saving for that ASAP!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor