Tango Mar is set in a lovely location along the Pacific. Hammocks are strewn between trees, there are trails to beautiful overlooks from which you can watch the sunset over the Pacific, and they will even serve you a private, torch lit dinner on the beach (must be arranged in advance). The food was good, as it was all over Costa Rica. You can ask directions and hike out at low tide to one of the seven waterfalls in the world that drop directly into the ocean. NOT to be missed!
We stayed in a private tiki suite, which looked much nicer than the other types of rooms. The towels were rolled and folded into a heart with rose petals strewn across them and bath water was drawn as a special welcome to our room. The view was beautiful. The cleanliness and comfort was a little wanting though.
This region, however, was less desireable, in our opinion, than some of the others. We enjoyed seeing manta rays from a cliff overlooking the water as well as birds and some geckos. However, there were cockroaches (they climbed into our coffee!), lots of small rock and sand crabs, and BIG snakes (the gardener had just chased a 20 foot one into the water when we got there). A HUGE spider (the biggest I've ever seen) crawled across my chest during the middle of the night. EW! So, this is a lovely region but not for the arachnophobic!
The biggest problem we had was when we took a private snorkeling, nature reserve, and mangrove swamp tour arranged through the hotel. The tour was lots of fun, although the lunch the guide provided was bologna sandwiches - LOL! The problem came when the guide dropped us off in the afternoon. The hotel had forgotten to recall the taxi for us. We were left in 90 degree heat, in the middle of a dusty road a couple of miles from the hotel, with no water, no directions, and no cell phone signal. We were pretty tired from snorkeling, boating, and playing, but we didn't have much choice so we just started walking and found our way back. We're pretty laid back and athletic, so it was no big deal, but it could have been if we were older, had our kids with us, etc. I hope the staff are more attentive to those kinds of details in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor