It was my first time to CR and I loved it, especially the food. I'm a very picky eater but the food at this resort was delicious no matter what I ordered. My boyfriend complained because his meal was very little and in no time they brought him a new plate at no charge, no ifs no buts they immediately solved the issue and were very apologetic. The staff was very attentive including the owner herself. She came to our table during our first night and introduced herself. We were only planning on staying one night but after our first night we booked another two nights. Granted is a bit pricey but its worth every penny in my experience. Beach is beautiful but very strong waves, not a beach for kids or people who don't know how to swim however they have a really nice pool, small but clean. This resort is more for couples that want to relax, not much going on throughout the resort but they have a good trail to go watch the sunset, you must go. At the very end of my trip I left some clothes in the closet and did not realized till I was back at San Jose, I called the hotel and spoke to Javier Area regarding my left items. I was told to call back the next day because housekeeping was already gone. Called next days and luckily for me they found my stuff. I want to thank Javier Area for taking his time to send my stuff via ups to the US, he was very proffesional and did an amazing job handling my issue. Very good customer service. I do customer service and I must say all of their staff is well trained. Thanks Javier ;)
Only downside is the ride to get there, horrible roads but will go back if I get the chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor