We had spent a week in a different area on Nicoya Peninsula enjoying the wonderful beaches, and rustic settings. Tango Mar sent a comfortable car to pick us up and bring us to their hotel (comfortable is important here due to the horrible road conditions everywhere). Coming into the ally leading down to Tango Mar and finally arrive was like arriving at Shangri-La (I imagine). Beautiful location on the beach, lovely gardens and a warm welcome with fruit juices and cold napkins after the drive, then sitting in the open lobby just relaxing while we waited for a ride to our "tropical suite" at the top of the hill. Room is well appointed with jacuzzi, a canopy covered bed and many nice touches throughout. The group of rooms at the top share a smaller pool as well. We walked down the many steps to the main pool with a swim-up bar, nice lunch restaurant and steps down to the beach. The surf was very strong when we were there so it was nice to have the pool. Dinner in the main building was very nice, good food and good service in an open air restaurant. The owner, Hilde, came by to chat for a bit, very nice touch. As I am a little uneasy about snakes in the dark, we got a ride up the hill in one of the golf carts on the return after dinner (were told not to worry about snakes, but I still do). Earlier, we enjoyed the walk over to the look-out point, even though it was a bit hard to find the entry and there was a somewhat scary aerial bridge in less than good repair to cross. The views were all worth the hike though! I would not have picked the tropical suites rooms had I known what a hike it was to get up and down on steep winding steps through vegetation, so if you have achy knees, book the beach front properties. (Our friends had a beach front room with an easy walk on level grounds to and from the lobby/restaurant area.) Breakfast in the morning was great, with a varied buffet and eggs made to taste. They provided car service to the airport as well (at a reasonable cost). It's a very well maintained property in all aspects from what I could tell, with professional and friendly staff throughout. Not necessarily for the young party crowd, but I would recommend it for a romantic hideaway vacation, or in our case, to relax together with a couple of dear old friends in beautiful surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor