Just returned from our annual trip to Costa Rica. We always divide our trip between 2 hotels. This year we chose Tango Mar, as one of our hotels, and we were very pleased with the choice. The scenery at Tango Mar is nothing short of breathtaking! The pictures on the website do not begin to show how amazing this landscape, mixed with the warm turquoise waters of the golden sands beach really is, when experienced first hand. The lobby of the hotel is done in a tropical motif, under a huge palapa. The restaurant is just around the corner with views of the beautiful turquoise waters, and is nothing short of magical, especially at night. The buffet breakfast is included in the price of the room, and what a great breakfast it is. Most resorts only offer a continental breakfast included in the room price. The breakfast offered by Tango Mar is a full buffet breakfast of juices, coffee, tea, etc, a variety of fresh fruits, cereals, pastries, meats and cheeses, pancakes, waffles, eggs any way you want them, and an omelet station made to your order, with mushrooms, vegetables, cheese, the works! Anyone who has done any traveling knows this to be a great plus, when staying at any resort. We stayed in the beachfront rooms with air conditioning, cable tv, and wifi. Perfect! The room was immaculately clean and comfortable. We spent some time at the pool, which was sparkeling clean at all times, and the drinks at the pool bar, were the best I have ever tasted. The food at the restaurant was delicious, and very well priced, with a great menu. The staff just as wonderful, helpful and very efficient, especially Eduardo! It's difficult to find a resort in Costa Rica, with breathtaking scenery, spectacular beach with fine golden sand, gourmet food, and warm friendly service. TANGO MAR has it all. It rates right up their with, Caneel Bay, Little Dix Bay, and Cap Juluca in the Caribbean. Tango Mar is the "creme de la creme" of Costa Rica hands down! I would like to take this time to thank the owner of Tango Mar, Hilda, for taking charge and helping me with what could have been a disaster. We arrived at Tango Mar, with half of our party missing, including one of my sons. Their International flight had experienced problems and landed 2 hrs. late from it's designated time. They missed their Nature Air flight, the last that day, and were informed all flights were booked for the next few days, and there would be no way to secure seats for any future flights. When I arrived at Tango Mar, I was a wreck! Thank God for Hilda!!!!!!!! She immediately took charge! She called her driver, Marcus, had them picked up from the airport, taken to the ferry, and picked up from the ferry and driven to Tango Mar. This was not easy, as it was getting late, and they had to make the last ferry at 8 PM, in order to make it to Tango Mar that night. Everything went smoothly, thanks to Hilda! I cannot thank her enough. What a wonderful host! Also, I had read some negative reviews on Trip Advisor and was a little skeptical about the resort. These negative reviews could not be further from the truth. There are some people who are just complainers, and will complain about anything just to complain. DISREGARD THESE REVIEWS, as they are not valid! A review is always helpful, but in this case these reviews missed the mark. Go for yourself and you will see! We intend to return next year! We were fortunate to be there for the Tango Mar New Year's Eve Gala! Amazing buffett, live band, spectacular firework display, and flowered lays for the ladies and hats for the men. WE LOVE TANGO MAR AND WILL RETURN!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor