Gorgeous place, well-kept, love the pool table by the bar. The swimming pool is so well thought out with an area for kids and adults and a vista of the ocean. The beach is sooo nice, hammocks, little places to sit with the kids. We stayed in one of the villas - they upgraded us at no cost during the low season from a 2 room rental. It was so big, I lost a kid one day! The beach was right down the steps and across the path, there was a little soaking hot tub at the end of the porch, and again, the view was tremendous. I highly recommend getting up at the crack of dawn. I would give it 5 stars save 2 things - and perhaps nothing they can do about the first - the ants. The first night and day we had them in every room, walls, floors, it was almost gross. BIG ants. I got the feeling that since they upgraded us at checkin, the house was not ready, perhaps it had been closed up for a while. NOt a big problem, The room came with its own spray and I just went crazy with it and the problem was gone within 24 hours. The other thing was the deck - there was just a simple wrap around handle rail and the deck was not enclosed. I have a 2 year old who, well, acts like a 2 year old and we could not spend any time on that beautiful deck since I kept thinking he was going to run to the edge and plummet 15 feet into the gravel driveway. My 10 year old daughter, however, finished almost all her HW in the hammocks swaying in the breeze. Ahhhh. And the owner is gracious and sweet and will stump you by speaking just about any language you can come up with! Don't miss this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor