The hotel is beautifully situated right at a nice beach. You can also take a walk (ca 30 minutes) to a waterfall through jungle, cross the waterfall, and on the other side will be a beach with NO hotels, NO houses etc, totally secluded! You can also walk to a view point with great views. We stayed at the tropical suites, I would only recommend it for younger people, each time you go down to the beach, pool, restaurant, you need to walk down 90 steps. The breakfast was good, dinner OK, not a lot of options to chose from. One night I ate mussels and got food poisoning (since I had it before, I know what it was; my husband usually ate all the same food as I did, just that night he decided not to have the mussels). I was very sick for 24 hours. I talked to the owner, who is a nice lady. At first, it seemed as if she did not believe me, tried to justify everything (I might be pregnant, mussels were "fresh" vacuum sealed from New Zealand etc), but finally she understood (I was very nice about it and di not want to argue at all, after all we are on vacation!) They refunded that nights dinner (I only had soup that night after my illness) and the dinner the night before that made me sick which was nice. Staff was overall really nice, could be just a bit faster with service. But overall, we really enjoyed our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor