Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas
$105
$84
Mar y Sol Ecotel(Tambor)(Great Value!)
$65
Castillo Resort(Tambor)(Great Value!)
$120
$64
Cabinas Cristina Playa Tambor(Tambor)(Great Value!)
$40
Fidelito Ranch & Lodge(Tambor)(Great Value!)
$60
$60
H&B Lodge and Restaurant(Tambor)(Great Value!)
$50
Barcelo Tambor(Tambor)(Great Value!)
$275
$175
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Tambor Tropical Beach Resort(Tambor)(Great Value!)
$215
All reviewstiki suitethe ownerour honeymoonbeach fronttropical suitescosta ricagolf courseswim up barlovely beachlookout pointsound of the wavesprivate beachoverlooking the oceanrainy seasonsan josetennis courtsmain restaurant
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the second half of our 7 day Costa Rica trip and it is a very beautiful hotel. The owner is so very nice and definitely makes the experience personal. The only complaints I have are that we did not feel very welcome from the staff when we first arrived. We spent a good 15 minutes in distress while trying to check in because they completely overlooked our reservation when preparing for the day. We were supposed to have a taxi pick us up from the air port that morning and nobody was there so we spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure out what to do (in a foreign country for the first time) and trying to communicate with the other taxi drivers. Once all of that was figured out, we were taken to our room in the Tropical Suites which seemed like nobody had paid attention to it in a long time (again because they did not prepare for our arrival that day) and then settled in to have some breakfast. The food is very pricey for the quality, they labeled regular hot dogs that you would expect from a family barbeque as Chorizo (spanish sausage) for breakfast and I just did not have a good "oh my gosh, this is great" meal while there. I would have loved to see some authentic Costa Rican dishes on the menu or some suggestions to restaurants in the area. We ended up finding a way to Montezuma (20 minutes away) with a very expensive taxi ride and eating some delicious food there. Overall I just felt like I paid way too much for the services and food we were given. Also, the wifi in the rooms is horrible. Aside from all of that, the resort is very beautiful, peaceful and secluded and I have absolutely no complaints about the owner, I just feel as though her staff needs a little bit of training with making guests feel welcome and personalizing a little more with them (but that may have just been my experience).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica Z
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is one of the most quiet and peaceful vacations I've ever had. We stayed in the Tiki huts which are about 50-60 ft. from the ocean, so the view was spectacular. The food here was excellent, but it's the staff that makes you feel so spoiled and special. They cater to your every need and always add a personal touch. I really can't say enough about this property! They have a 9 hole golf course and a stable for riding. They will book tours for you to do off property excursions for fishing etc.. There was only one child at the resort which I believe was because this is such a romantic, relaxing resort. Several older teen were there who were happy to just chill and sunbathe. We loved it and hope to return again! It was absolutely amazing!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have just returned from a week of pure joy at Tango Mar Resort 7/21/13-7/27/13. This resort is a pure gem in a unspoiled setting. We stayed in a Tiki Hut #704 and the panoramic views were amazing. We had the beautiful relaxing sound of the waves steps away as well as palm trees as a backdrop just feet away. It is a safe and romantic setting. About the rooms, the beachfront rooms are right on the beach with a balcony. TheTiki Huts are set back a little farther maybe 60 feet from the ocean and the tropical suites are on a hilltop with fantastic views but you had a alot of steps to get to the rooms. The service was over the top with staff attending to your every needs with a smile. The owner a beautiful woman was hands on and available at any time. She was at ever breakfast,lunch and dinner and mingled with all the guests.A special shout out to Edwardo. Gerardo and Andres, they were fantastic. The food was good and substitutions were no problem. The grounds were clean and beautiful. the pools were clean all the time. The ocean and surrounding area was amazing. A word of caution the water does at times get very rough so be careful. wildlife is everywhere monkey`s , bats crabs black and orange, iguanas lizards and so much more. The waterfall walk about 30 min. was cool as well as the short walk to the over look. This resort is perfect for couples and for families with younger children as teens may have a problem appreciating the calm quiet beauty.
Thank you all for a wonderful time and experience!! Also Thanks to a great couple Tori and Zeke good luck with married life. See you again soon Tango Mar - Kim and Joe

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joe g
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I come with my family to this hotel and, to be honest, is one if the best beach hotels in Costa Rica.
The food is great, the service couldn't be better, the rooms are beach front, so you can sleep to the soothing sound of the waves. Like others say, it is in the middle of nowhere, but that is one of its beauties. Hilda, the owner, is very nice and always attentive to the guests. No complaints whatsoever!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ricardo A
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am writing this review from the Osa Peninsula in South Costa Rica as I couldn't wait for home to tell of the experience at Tango Mar. My bride and I just got married this last Sunday at the hotel after reviewing places on the beautiful Nicoya Peninsula. I read numerous reviews about Tango Mar and we went with this location. We had parents and a few of our closest friends with us totaling 11 people for a very small, meaningful wedding.
Each of our friends and family had their own respective expectation of the resort before arrival. I can say that in unison, we were entirely blown away with what we found. Entering reception, we found Jesse, a young Costa Rican man who spoke perfect English to assist us in check in. Having been to the country many times, I know what to expect from every type of accommodation in the country. I am not a person who prefers resorts. I am the type to choose a small cabina in the jungle near surf and nightlife. Tango Mar changed my view of how incredibly dynamic a resort can be.
The resort and amenities are absolutely breathtaking. It is not a typical cheesy Sandals-esque resort that sticks out from its environment like a sore thumb. It is carefully built into the surrounding lush tropical landscape that make Costa Rica an extraordinary place. Nothing about this large property screams 'cheesy'. Though the Tango Mar is tucked away a bit from any shops in town (a few minutes outside Tambor), the hotel made it so easy to book am inexpensive shuttle to endless nearby attractions so within 15 minutes you can eat outside the resort, sight see, shop or go on adventures. The staff honestly puts every American hotel or resort staff I have experienced to shame. They are well spoken, intelligent, extremely knowledgeable regarding the area and can solve any request or dilemma you may have. I ordered a flambe desert at our wedding dinner and splattered chocolate sauce all over my white wedding shirt and nice pants. The bartender (yes that's right) took my clothing after I changed in my room. I found my outfit entirely spotless and pressed a day later on my bed. This is an example of how this place operates. The employees will not only know all of your names after the first day (yes - all 11 of us) but they will treat you like a friend and give you a handshake and put a hand on your shoulder as they talk to you. This personal affection just seems to leave you smiling everywhere you go.
The owner Hilda, a wonderful Belgian lady who instantly becomes like family, is exactly how the other reviews described her. She attended our wedding and just smiled with delight the entire time. Between her and Hannia, our wedding coordinator, we had the most stress free experience leading up to Sunday we could hope for. Every detail of the wedding was perfectly orchestrated. Hannia was brilliant. They actually gave us a free upgrade from our beachfront room to a beautiful private bungalow upon arrival and we found it adorned with flower petals all over the room on our wedding day!
The restaurant staff...wow! Between Royland, Eduardo, Javier, Gerardo, and many others, the food experience was epic! I am big on food. I enjoy foreign and comida typica (local food) alike and both were fantastic.
Overall, to make a long story short. This place blew me away! Not just me but the entire family we had with us.
As I said, we are now on the Osa Peninsula on honeymoon and as I am writing this review, I am missing Tango Mar, its staff, my new parents and our friends. Although excited about our upcoming adventures down here, the memories at Tango Mar are already setting in. That is what a vacation should be and Tango Mar proves this.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family