My boyfriend and I stayed here for the second half of our 7 day Costa Rica trip and it is a very beautiful hotel. The owner is so very nice and definitely makes the experience personal. The only complaints I have are that we did not feel very welcome from the staff when we first arrived. We spent a good 15 minutes in distress while trying to check in because they completely overlooked our reservation when preparing for the day. We were supposed to have a taxi pick us up from the air port that morning and nobody was there so we spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure out what to do (in a foreign country for the first time) and trying to communicate with the other taxi drivers. Once all of that was figured out, we were taken to our room in the Tropical Suites which seemed like nobody had paid attention to it in a long time (again because they did not prepare for our arrival that day) and then settled in to have some breakfast. The food is very pricey for the quality, they labeled regular hot dogs that you would expect from a family barbeque as Chorizo (spanish sausage) for breakfast and I just did not have a good "oh my gosh, this is great" meal while there. I would have loved to see some authentic Costa Rican dishes on the menu or some suggestions to restaurants in the area. We ended up finding a way to Montezuma (20 minutes away) with a very expensive taxi ride and eating some delicious food there. Overall I just felt like I paid way too much for the services and food we were given. Also, the wifi in the rooms is horrible. Aside from all of that, the resort is very beautiful, peaceful and secluded and I have absolutely no complaints about the owner, I just feel as though her staff needs a little bit of training with making guests feel welcome and personalizing a little more with them (but that may have just been my experience).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor