We stayed here as part of a package (3 nights in Arenal, 3 at Tango Mar, 1 near San Jose). The beach is gorgeous, although the waves can be rough, but the nicest, quietest beach of anything we drove near. The resort is isolated, so we were happy to have a car, although we only went out once, and the restaurant food not very good for dinner, especially for vegetarians--breakfast buffet was quite sufficient. We were happy to have brought along some bread, peanut butter, bananas, etc for picnics on the beach or balcony for lunch!
We all enjoyed walking along the beach, poking around the rocks, tidepools, small caves; "hiking" (more like strolling) to the waterfall and overlook and passing parakeets and monkey families along the way; hanging out in the hammocks; and playing in the ocean (boogie boards free at the front desk) and the pools.
The friendly staff opened several coconuts which our son found on the beach so we could drink the coconut water and the staff always pleasant and helpful.
Rooms were clean and spacious, beautiful balconies overlooking the ocean.
We went on the horseback ride--definitely a step up from typical US trail rides where you slowly bump along. We saw a lot of the area, including riding through some hot, dry terrain, ending up on the rocky beach and had a water break under a mango tree full of monkeys. The guide spoke limited English, certainly sufficient for leading us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor