This is an ok hotel on a great breach.
The standard rooms are motel style, very basic. With AC, but minimal facilities. Security is a bit of an issue (back french windows do not lock and you have to use a piece of unsteady wood) and the safes are tiny. Teeny bathrooms too. Lots of ants.
The reception area is beautifully done - too bad all that good design did not make it to the rooms. Inexplicably, the wi fi that works so well in the rooms does not work in the reception, lounge or dining areas.
Food is good and the staff work hard.
Activities: the golf is not very good becuase They dont have the irrigation system to keep up the grass.
The horse back riding is dangerous. They do not offer helmets or a guide to stay at the rear of the line with the result that slower riders fell behind and were lost. The guide was on a horse he had difficulty controlling and so could not really assist anyone. The tack was old and poor quality - everyones legs were badly bruised. We were taken on very rocky narrow trails, mostly at a full trot. Crazy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor