We stayed at the Tango Mar for 6 nights at the end of two weeks travelling around Costa Rica and it is the perfect place to relax. It is beautifully located on an excellent beach with an impressive backdrop of cliffs and palms. We had concerns before we arrived that there were no restaurants nearby but our worries were soon put aside as, during the week, we went through a menu that was extensive and attractive and, most importantly, the food was extremely well presented and beautifully cooked. All served alfresco looking out over the beach.
The pool area is very attractive with lots of sunbeds which are also scattered around the extensive and very well-kept grounds.
All the staff are extremely helpful and friendly particularly those at reception and the man who serves at the bar but one of the most noticeable features of the hotel is the visibility of the owner -Hilde. She is always meeting and greeting guests in the bar and the restaurant and is a constant presence around the hotel. We have stayed in hundreds of hotels around the World but have never experienced this sort of attention before. It does make a difference.
All in all a hotel that is easy to recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor