The hotel is an upmarket establishment situated on its own length of beach in the wilds of the Nicoya peninsular. The beach is about half a mile long and is truly spectacular in the early morning being palm fringed and usually virtually deserted. However one word of warning for sea lovers - it can be 'muy peligroso'. Waves can come in viciously, yet it is these very conditions that give the resort is character. Reception was good and we had chosen a standard room - highly recommended. This was both spacious and airy (with air conditioning) with a large balcony overlooking the ocean. Bathroom was equally spacious and came with quality toiletries. The room also benefited from a mini-bar and coffee making facilities. Food was good although somewhat pricey - a dinner for two with a base-line bottle of reasonable wine (2 courses) comes in at around USD 100. It should also be noted that when my wife required some changes to a dish (she does not eat dairy products) she was always accomodated. Lunch in the pool restaurant would be cheaper. The menu changed little from day to day but was wide enough to satisfy. Breakfast was good with the usual Costa Rican offerings plus an egg station. Pools were good with adequate sunbeds and beach towels are provided. There is a pool bar. WiFi is resort wide but at times can be patchy, but is free. The Belgian owner, Hilde, is a charming hostess who constantly enquires as to your comfort. A single mention to reception of a faulty shower brought immediate remediation. This is a rare establishment, being both of high quality as well as being well off the beaten track.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor