“Simply perfect.”

Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tambor
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Location is fantastic (some km of unpaved road to reach the area). Rooms are nice, clean and well kept. Manager is very kind and helpful. Beach is also nice and very close to the rooms. There are two pools also in the resort, also them are very nice.
I strongly suggest this place. Price is also fair.

Ahhh... Can't forget restaurant. Excellent for breakfast and dinner. Very romantic and good food.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I went for our Honeymoon in late October and the Tango Mar was fabulous! We had a great time, the resort was amazing and all of the excursions we planned were great. Although the drinks ($6-$9 US) and meals (entrees from $20-$28 US) were a little expensive, they included tax and tip which reduces the price a bit. The pool area/swim up bar were perfect for relaxing. I definitely recommending taking dinner at one of the palapas down by the beach.

Room Tip: The tiki suites were amazing, the tropical suites were up a little hill removed from the rest of the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a beautiful place on a beautiful Beach... Everyone went out of their way to be helpful, the reception desk had the nicest people we ever met in Costa rica - and very, very knowledgable about the wildlife there. The walk to the waterfall could have been marked a bit better but the after crossing the stream and climbing down - floating in the cool clear pool below was my favorite moment in Costa Rica. There were monkeys and toucans and parrots ( oh my!) This was a great destination - Only wish I had more time to spend here. We were fortunate to meet the owner - a lovely lady who was very helpful and friendly. Try the Miami Vice at the swim up bar... perfection!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Holly H
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although we have been visiting Costa Rica for many years, this was our first trip to the Nicoya Peninsula & Tambor. After an uneventful drive from San Jose, we arrived in Puntarenas to board the ferry. It was a somewhat overcast day with some rain, but the 70 minute ferry ride was calm & enjoyable. The drive to Tango Mar Resort took about 45 mins. in the rain. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Xavier at the reception desk by a warm welcome,wet towels to refresh ourselves from the drive & with a cocktail. Our room was located on the 3rd floor overlooking the ocean...It was lovely. The room was spacious with a large shower & bath & private balcony. Our stay was only 2 nites, but it was very enjoyable. The beach is beautiful & very private. We were not able to visit the waterfall as the rain had washed out much of the trail. The food is the restaurant was fresh & well prepared & nicely presented. Breakfast included freshly made juice each morning (orange w/papaya; watermelon); Bloody Mary mixed by Junior( w/his "secret ingredient") was delicious. Drink & wine prices are reasonable as is the menu. Lovely salad w/fresh avocado & geens in a light dressing. The fried rice w/seafood I had one night was presented on a sizzling platter & would have been enough to split. The caesar salad & desserts are done tableside, which lends a continental feel to the resort. The entire staff ( including Jesus, Javier, Eduardo,) was friendly & very helpful. We will certainly come back again - hopefully not during the rainy season so that we may enjoy the pool & other resort amenities.

Room Tip: the roads in on the Peninsula are some of the worst in Costa Rica w/many parts being dirt or rocky w...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a great time on our honeymoon here at Tango Mar. If your looking for somewhere private and relaxing this is the location. The grounds were amazing, especially the trail down to the waterfall. One of only a few waterfalls that flow straight into the ocean in the world. The only reason I didn't give the property a 5 star is the food is very good but a little pricey for Costa Rica.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have never paid to be so miserable. We stayed in a tiki suite in tango mar for our 5 yr anniversary. And this place completly ruined to the point we tried to leave early. We had only been there 3 hours and My husband went to get into the jacuzzi tub right after we're exchanged presents he turned on the jets to the tub and no exaggeration about 100 large ants shots out of the jets. He was covered in ant bites from the back of his neck to his toes. We called to complain and all they offers to do was clean the tub. By time anyone got to our room the ants has scatterd everywhere. I found them in my suitcase for the next three days. We had to demand a new room, they almost would not even let us switch. The food was horrible and was the same bland limited menu everyday. There were multiple different types of bugs in both rooms we stayed in everyday that never left. The second room we got placed in did not have a working fan or fridge like each room is suppose to have. The a/c barley blew my husband sweated every night. When we asked to talk to a manager or someone with good English, we were told the owner was out of the country and so was the manager later that night when I went to the front desk to see if someone would fix the fan and was basically ignored I began to cry in the middle of the lobby. Finally one of the night staff informed me that the manager was eating dinner and would let him know when he was finished eating. So instead of being ignored I went to talk to him. He promised to make everything right and get approval from the owner to give us a credit or refund . He said he would come talk to us at breakfast , which by the way the free breakfast is literally left over appetizers from the night before and if you don't get up at the time they put it out its completly coverd in bugs! The manager never showed up t breakfast and every time we a sked for him he was supposedly unavailable. We never spoke to him again the hole time we were there. We even saw him a few times and he literally ran in the other direction. There are some many other problems we had I could prolly wright a book a very long story summed up I would never recommend this place even to my worst enemy. Cause it's not right to pay thousands of dollars to have the sort vacation you can imagine.

Room Tip: Dont bother staying here and if you really want to get the cheap beachfront one so you feel like you...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley180
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just spent a quiet and relaxing time at Tango Mar. First of all I have to mention the staff - Dorial, Royland, Junior, Rosabel, Dunia, Hannia, Jessy, Javier, Eduardo, the chefs and housekeeping. Forgive me if I have forgotten anyone. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I had a massage which was good, I used the fitness room, and the pool area is awesome. I went on the snorkelling trip with another couple who were staying at the resort and it was a great day. We saw whales and dolfphins. I saw a turtle nesting on the beach. Jessy took me on a hike to Montezuma and I saw many birds that I would not have seen on my own. He is an avid bird lover! I appreciate the time he took with me. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tambor
Tambor Tropical Beach Resort
#1 of 3 in Punta Leona
Vista Las Islas Hotel
Vista Las Islas Hotel
#1 of 2 in Paquera

Been to Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!