Although we have been visiting Costa Rica for many years, this was our first trip to the Nicoya Peninsula & Tambor. After an uneventful drive from San Jose, we arrived in Puntarenas to board the ferry. It was a somewhat overcast day with some rain, but the 70 minute ferry ride was calm & enjoyable. The drive to Tango Mar Resort took about 45 mins. in the rain. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Xavier at the reception desk by a warm welcome,wet towels to refresh ourselves from the drive & with a cocktail. Our room was located on the 3rd floor overlooking the ocean...It was lovely. The room was spacious with a large shower & bath & private balcony. Our stay was only 2 nites, but it was very enjoyable. The beach is beautiful & very private. We were not able to visit the waterfall as the rain had washed out much of the trail. The food is the restaurant was fresh & well prepared & nicely presented. Breakfast included freshly made juice each morning (orange w/papaya; watermelon); Bloody Mary mixed by Junior( w/his "secret ingredient") was delicious. Drink & wine prices are reasonable as is the menu. Lovely salad w/fresh avocado & geens in a light dressing. The fried rice w/seafood I had one night was presented on a sizzling platter & would have been enough to split. The caesar salad & desserts are done tableside, which lends a continental feel to the resort. The entire staff ( including Jesus, Javier, Eduardo,) was friendly & very helpful. We will certainly come back again - hopefully not during the rainy season so that we may enjoy the pool & other resort amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor