I have never paid to be so miserable. We stayed in a tiki suite in tango mar for our 5 yr anniversary. And this place completly ruined to the point we tried to leave early. We had only been there 3 hours and My husband went to get into the jacuzzi tub right after we're exchanged presents he turned on the jets to the tub and no exaggeration about 100 large ants shots out of the jets. He was covered in ant bites from the back of his neck to his toes. We called to complain and all they offers to do was clean the tub. By time anyone got to our room the ants has scatterd everywhere. I found them in my suitcase for the next three days. We had to demand a new room, they almost would not even let us switch. The food was horrible and was the same bland limited menu everyday. There were multiple different types of bugs in both rooms we stayed in everyday that never left. The second room we got placed in did not have a working fan or fridge like each room is suppose to have. The a/c barley blew my husband sweated every night. When we asked to talk to a manager or someone with good English, we were told the owner was out of the country and so was the manager later that night when I went to the front desk to see if someone would fix the fan and was basically ignored I began to cry in the middle of the lobby. Finally one of the night staff informed me that the manager was eating dinner and would let him know when he was finished eating. So instead of being ignored I went to talk to him. He promised to make everything right and get approval from the owner to give us a credit or refund . He said he would come talk to us at breakfast , which by the way the free breakfast is literally left over appetizers from the night before and if you don't get up at the time they put it out its completly coverd in bugs! The manager never showed up t breakfast and every time we a sked for him he was supposedly unavailable. We never spoke to him again the hole time we were there. We even saw him a few times and he literally ran in the other direction. There are some many other problems we had I could prolly wright a book a very long story summed up I would never recommend this place even to my worst enemy. Cause it's not right to pay thousands of dollars to have the sort vacation you can imagine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor