A fantastic and memorable time during our stay at Tango Mar! We spent 8 days in Costa Rica, starting from San Jose, to Arenal and La Fortuna, to Tamarindo, and finally to Tango Mar. We hadn't planned to stay here originally but saw an appealing advertisement in one of our maps and decided to change our plans to stay at this "little piece of heaven." As we had been traveling around and adventuring quite a bit, it was nice to relax and unwind here. We were so glad we did! It is off the beaten path. We had rented our own car while in Costa Rica, and it was primarily a wide dirt road to travel here from Tamarindo, which made our adventure all the more fun enjoying a pretty countryside drive through the Costa Rican hills. The resort from the main road doesn't look like much, but once you enter the gate and drive back to the check-in area, you find yourself looking at a gorgeous view right on a private beach. We enjoyed an ocean-front room with a balcony. Also, we went on a little hike around the property, seeing pretty butterflies and finally to an area in some trees where we were greeted (and completely startled) by about 10 howler monkies. We loved it! The staff and the owner, in particular, were marvelous and made our stay personal and memorable with special service. The infinity pool overlooking the ocean was marvelous, along with the swim-up bar, and restaurant dining nearby. This property is quiet and serene, and was not busy when we were there. All in all, a perfect quick stay to a great trip in Costa Rica!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor