The resort offers great value for the price. I've been to some luxury all inclusive resorts but of course the prices I paid were much higher, too. We got an awesome deal on the ocean front room so we decided to come here. Only a few of the staff speak English. But that is not much of a problem since we got by using gestures and some basic Spanish words. The staff were generally nice and helpful. I also feel they are working hard. Whenever I walked around, I saw someone sweeping/mopping the floor, wiping the tables, etc. Our room was normally cleaned by noon every day and bed was comfy. Out of the two restaurants needs reservation. The steakhouse has great ribeye. The Japanese restaurant is a hidden gem.
Wherever I traveled, I always use a money belt and leave other valuables in the hotel safe. I didn't feel that this hotel is more unsafe than other places I visited. My only suggestion to the management is that the public restrooms next to the buffet and the front desk are in need of renovation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Tambor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Hotel Tambor
- Barcelo Hotel Tambor Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puntarenas
- Hotel Barcelo Playa Tambor
- Barcelo Tambor Costa Rica
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Costa Rica