The all inclusive price seemed great for the food, drink, and activities. Room comfy. Expect only one beer option, which was good local, but different varieties of light vs regular would have been great. Sunrise was beautiful on the beach, just be sure to wear shoes at the beach with the rocks. Glad we had our Keens. Only a few people knew english and we knew very little spanish, so it was a game of charades with hand gestures, but everyone was still nice and friendly. We only stayed 3 nights but had no problems making reservations two of those mornings for both special resturants for two of the nights. The food there was delicious. Compared to the other places we stayed around Costa Rica, This place was not evironmentally friendly at all! Every other hotel stressed how they wanted to conserve water, electricity, and recyling was huge. However at Barcelo every drink cup (paper, plastic and styrofoam) all went to the trash, what a waste. Maybe they should incorporate a refillable cup???!!! Dont expect to have free internet, that is not part of the all inclusive (alot extra!!). It wasnt really needed but it would have been great to check-in to flights and look up directions for a few places with out the huge fee. They have a trail where you can observe the parrots, macaws, and wild mokeys. One description stated the macaws are endangered and a breeding program was on the premises. BUT It would have been great to have an explaination of why some of the animals were there since some parrots looked like they could fly and should be released if so. Horses were also in a dirt/rock area with very minimal shade, I wanted to ride just to get them out and to some grass. They looked healthy but I still felt bad. So it was more like a non educational, captive zoo :( We went in late May, which was low tourist season and high time for the locals. Golf resort nearby, 9 hole course was good. Also near Montezuma, great place for souviners and at a great value! Resort also near ferry for easy travel back to San Jose. Good value Resort, just wish there werent so wasteful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Barcelo, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Tambor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Hotel Tambor
- Barcelo Hotel Tambor Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puntarenas
- Hotel Barcelo Playa Tambor
- Barcelo Tambor Costa Rica
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Costa Rica