The Barceló Tambor Beach is at best an average "all Inclusive Hotel" You can eat all you want as long as you are hungry when they are serving food. Liquor is included as long as you don't expect to recognize the label on the bottle. Everything exposed on the shelf is NOT included in the "All Inclusive"
The food, when available, was pretty decent, but often being enjoyed by the bees. The pool area was very nice and refreshing with a walk/swim up bar.
Getting here is an adventure in itself. Unless you fly into the 3000 ft strip which ends in the ocean (which I highly recommend) the drive and ferry boat ride are exciting and a bit un-nerving. The experience as you get off the ferry, might cause you to turn around immediately....there is no way you could imagine that there could be a resort on the other side of the cobblestone walk and gypsies selling fruits and trinkets.
Oh yes, the all inclusive does not include internet. They charge $12.95 American or 6500 Colones per day for an internet bot much better than dial up.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Barcelo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Tambor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Hotel Tambor
- Barcelo Hotel Tambor Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puntarenas
- Hotel Barcelo Playa Tambor
- Barcelo Tambor Costa Rica
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Costa Rica