A relatively small property by some standards, but offering all amenities and clean, comfortable accommodation set in a well maintained and spread out fashion. Very private.
The one buffet offering a decent variety of food well prepared. There were two a la carte restaurants, one in the sand on the beach which permitted you to select your seafood prior to its preparation. We were very satisfied with both.
The pool area was satisfactory and turned out to be a great social location to visit with your fellow travelers. The one bar in the hotel lobby was great, offering decent evening entertainment and another chance to interact. We unintentionally had a lot of fun and laughs at both.
A long and clean beach stretches in front of the property. Quite shallow, but a good place to splash and relax in the hammocks. Excellent snorkeling trips to nearby Tortuga Island are available and well worth the trip.
We enjoyed the "Parque Natural" nature trails as well as the butterfly and exotic bird enclosures, the later containing a number of free ranging monkeys. Horseback riding is also conveniently available ($).
Try not to miss the Macaws dive-bombing the resort once or twice per day as well as the Howler Monkeys which are generally out in force during the early evenings.
There are larger and fancier all inclusive resorts available, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Barcelo Tambor. The service is good and friendly and you can play or just relax to your hearts content.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Hotels.com, Agoda, BookIt.com, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Barcelo Tambor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Hotel Tambor
- Barcelo Hotel Tambor Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puntarenas
- Hotel Barcelo Playa Tambor
- Barcelo Tambor Costa Rica
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Costa Rica