Nice place, all inclusive but not overly expensive. Alot of Euro's when I was there. I love how people line up a half hour in advance for meal times. Food was OK. Rooms are nice, spread out. Very nice property, pool. How people can say that is a nice beach beats me. One of the most average I've seen in Centro America, due to it's gulf location, very little surf, flat, dark sand, not tipico of nice CR beaches. Howler monkeys start their thing around 4-5 am, not the hotel's fault, but howlers aren't called howlers for nothing.
You're out there in the middle of no where. don't get hurt or very sick because you are a long long way from serious medical attention unless they chopper you out--payment up front please.
Lower level workers/staff are very nice, just working people with no english but not arrogant. Give anyone anywhere a name tag in a Barcelo chain hotel and for God's sake they become self appointed...can't think of the words...pompous aloof arrogant indifferent disrespectful inconsiderate, almost anti-gringo. That's Barcelo anywhere in Central America.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Barcelo so you can book your Barcelo Tambor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Hotel Tambor
- Barcelo Hotel Tambor Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puntarenas
- Hotel Barcelo Playa Tambor
- Barcelo Tambor Costa Rica
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Costa Rica