My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights and were overall disappointed. When we arrived we were notified that a certain section of the hotel did not have air conditioning and that it would possibility be fixed the next day. Keep in mind that Tambor is a very hot and humid area. We asked if a discount was expected and they told us no discounts; we then requested a full refund and wanted to cancel our prepaid reservations. They were able to relocate us to another section of the hotel with a/c. Once we got to the room the toilet wasn't flushing properly and I attempted to call maintenance; however, the phone wasn't working so then I had to step outside and find a staff member to relay the message. Also we had no towels in the room.
After all of this we were just glad to be in a nice a/c room. This is vacation time for locals so the hotel was full of families with lots of young children in the pool so we decided to play golf in a nearby golf course - Delfines. The course is a real nice 9 hole course with beautiful wildlife and the price was right - $30/person if you are a guest of the Barceló.
We have stayed at several Barceló hotels in the past and we were disappointed with the limited selection of the food choices on the buffet and the lack of smiles from the staff, which is very unusual for Costa Ricans. Overall management needs to work with the staff to make sure that they smile and at least say "Con Gusto."
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Barcelo and Agoda so you can book your Barcelo Tambor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Hotel Tambor
- Barcelo Hotel Tambor Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puntarenas
- Hotel Barcelo Playa Tambor
- Barcelo Tambor Costa Rica
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Costa Rica