This hotel is very good and clean. Good food (all inclusive), good drinks, beach is not really for beach lovers but is acceptable. Howling monkeys in the trees, Large beautiful parrots flying around. Monkeys and parrots are noisy but so nice to watch. If you go on a tour to Tortugas Island, go during the week because on week-end it is crowded with a host of boats at anchor right where we swim, close to the shore.
A tour to Curu Park did not reveal species of animal that could'nt be seen at the hotel except white faced monkeys. Good shows every evening although a bit amateurish. A lot of lizards and iguanas all around. We saw a large iguana devoured by a cayman in the laguna on the hotel ground. All in all, a memorable experience.
NOTE : We had posted this review a few weeks ago to the wrong place (Hotel Be Live Las Morlas in Varadero). We hope that people who check that post do not expect to see parrots flying around and monkeys swinging from branch to branch in Varadero.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Tambor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Hotel Tambor
- Barcelo Hotel Tambor Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puntarenas
- Hotel Barcelo Playa Tambor
- Barcelo Tambor Costa Rica
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Costa Rica