“Less crowds than Manuel Antonio”
Review of Rainmaker Park

Rainmaker Park
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Parrita
Reviewed July 10, 2014

good park off the beaten path. No crowds but I did feel admission at $15 pp was a little much. The hanging bridges were an adrenalin rush because they seemed so sketchy. One bridge was very long and high.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We read about RAINMAKER park on tripadvisor before we left and are so glad we found it. It was a good hike through the jungle over Indiana Jones style hanging bridges past the river and to a waterfall where we could swim. It was awesome. For $15pp it is way better than the expensive $65 tours around Jaco. We had the whole place to ourselves ( June- off season ) and had a blast swimming in the gorgeous waterfall. It was myself, my husband and 10 year old daughter. We all work out and are in good shape. There are some steep climbs but I took it easy and rested on the climb up since the heat was really intense ( like 90* with 90% humidity- bring a water bottle!). The bridges are a bit scary - don't go if you have a fear of heights! But everything seems secured well for the most part. I have hiked in the Northwest on wet rainforest paths and this was similar. There was a rope fence along the path, but it is slippery in a few spots. Wear good sneakers with decent grip. I wouldn't take small kids here. Maybe 8+. We bought the lunch for $5 each and it was delicious. The only suggestion would be one more sign on the highway. Coming form Jaco, going south on 34, past Parrita there is only a "Paintball" sign. Look for that. If you come the other way from Quepos. there is a good sign that says Rainmaker" but we missed it the first day and ended up in Manuel Antonio park ( which to me was a waste of $10pp- we didn't see any animals there though we had a great lunch at the restaurant overlooking the beach) Take the dirt road off Hwy 34. Follow the signs, it is about 10 minutes down the very bumpy, potholed road. Definitely worth the trip. From Jaco I think it was 30 mins to Parrita, and about 10 minutes form there. You need a car- rent an SUV. It is cheap for the week ($150 from Europcar but you have to add on their mandatory insurance for another $125). Just drive safely, some of them drive a bit crazy there.

2  Thank ArtTeacherAmy
Reviewed June 18, 2014

While on our 25th anniversary trip, my husband & I wanted a tour "off the beaten path". This was PERFECT! If you get a chance to tour with Arsel as your guide, take full advantage of it. To me, he is the Costa Rican version of Steve Irwin. His intelligence, wit, and passion for "The Rainmaker" make him the perfect guide. We would have missed so much had he not been there to show us. The views are spectacular, the trees, plants, and wildlife are incredible, and the swim in the waterfall was a check off of my bucket list. The bridges offer breathtaking views, while adding a bit of excitement to the trek. We finished with a delicious Costa Rican meal of pollo con orroz, homemade tortilla chips, beans, pico, and fresh juice. I wish there was a higher rating available for this tour. Magnificent.

2  Thank LorenaRockinH
Reviewed June 15, 2014

After having done most everything in the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area that we had planned on, we found ourselves with an extra day and weren't sure what to do. A local recommended this park and it became one of our very favorite things we did in Costa Rica. It is a rustic hike through the rainforest. The fairly primitive hanging bridges were safe, but rustic enough to give you a thrill. The scenery were beautiful. When we began the hike we weren't sure we wanted to swim in the waterfalls, but upon reaching the falls the water was so cool and refreshing we couldn't pass it up. We stayed a long time and swam in the pools. The kids, ages 14, 13, 10 and 7 loved this experience. It was well worth the $15 admission price.

1  Thank LauraDraper_UT_
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We toured Rainmaker today and had a GREAT time!. Our kids 18,14 and 10 liked it a lot! As parents we know kids these ages are like "whatever"….However: they loved it! We swam in the "main" swimming hole and tried to swim to the falls but the current was to strong. Even my 18 year old couldn't make it - but this is the rainy season and the water was moving more swiftly. The bridges are really cool as is some of the wildlife we saw. The entry fee is $15 and if you want lunch it will cost an extra $5. We chose lunch and it was an authenthic Costa Rican rice/beans/potatoes/salad. REALLY good. Worth the $5 per person.