“Great value hotel near airport”
Review of Sananwan Palace

Sananwan Palace
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Bang Phli
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family and I stayed for one night before flying on to Cambodia but wish we had had another day to explore the area.
We booked the pick up service from the airport which worked perfectly.
We thought the hotel was excellent value. Our triple room was a good size with comfortable beds. It was very clean and the air con worked well.
My son enjoyed the pool and my husband and I enjoyed a Singha or two while watching him!
We ate dinner at the hotel and the food was really good and very well priced.
Wilaiwan is lovely and really helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Battenburgeater

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Have now stayed here 4 times, generally at the beginning and end of trips to Thailand - this place is great value, great food, great swimming pool, and me & my family are treated like old friends by Wilaiwan and her staff.
We also love the surrounding Bangpli area, really lovely authentic Thai area with excellent shopping, markets, temples etc - the kids love feeding the fish by the river.
For the price (around 450-600 baht per room), this place is outstanding value and offers everything you could ask for.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ANDYCHEF
Reviewed July 26, 2012

After a few emails back and forth in which I booked my room, the owner having mixed up my arrival date quoted me a Superior Room at a discount of 100 baht for 500 baht... I told her that I would need extended hours and asked if it would be ok. On arrival, her son could not find my reservation and gave me a standard room at a 100 baht discount for 400 baht. When I saw the owner later she upped the price to 450 baht saying that was the standard price (which it was) (no discount), plus 200 baht for the 3:00 departure. Then she gave me the wrong internet password. I didn't appreciate this at the last minute as she could have made all the prices clear when I emailed her twice. On the upside, this town is typically Thai not touristy which is why I paid 500 baht from the Southern Bus Station to get here. The shopping was inexpensive at the market next to BIG C and in BIG C as well. The chicken steak with mashed potates from room service was good for 149 baht. The pool is very nice though a bit cool for Thailand.

Room Tip: Thais dont speak English in the town, and taxi drivers don't know this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank GYPSETTER49
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here for one night before having to bus out of Bangkok, and I can definitely recommend it. Friendly and helpful staff, 24 hr reception and room service, nice and very well priced rooms, internet available etc. Also a good menu with lots of options.

Would be good for a long stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank GnomieG
Reviewed June 17, 2012

In februari 2012, i stay with my mother (77 Years old) in this excellent hotel for approx 7 days.
Very nice and helpful people (they transported my mother to the Bangkok hospital after a little accident with an ear cleaningstick)!
Very good rooms, food and drinks for a normal price, and an excellent swimmingpool with a nice atmosphere!
Next time i visit Thailand this is my first stop after a long flight, and also the last visit before leaving Thailand back to Amsterdam.
Thanks for the nice time, till the next visit!

Greetings from holland, Rai Wiersum...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RaiWier
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I needed a place to stay near the airport since we had a 7am flight the next morning, but didn't want to pay the high prices of most of the places around the airport. We found this after an online search and we were pleasantly surprised. It's about half the price of the next cheapest option I have seen near the airport. It has a nice looking swimming pool (I never used it), as well as a fitness facility and good value food. Our room was nice, about what you expect for the price. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and everyone staying there seemed to get along great with them. The only downside is that unless you know the local public bus/songtheaw system you will need to get a taxi to and from here. Other than that, I have no complaints!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bballbronco12
Reviewed April 9, 2012

During last winter's Bangkok floods, we were trying to go overland from Cambodia to Suvarnabhumi airport (Bangkok). Via email the staff at the Sananwan Palace kept us up-to-date about conditions and how to get to the guesthouse. And once we arrived, (a fairly direct and easy overland trip from Trat, Thailand), we checked into room #118, which was clean, had hot water, good beds, a pool, restaurant. The Sananwan is in a vibrant neighborhood, near a klong (canal), a few shops. We paid Baht 450 in November 2011.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Miracle Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel
Siri Hotel & Residence Bearing
Siri Hotel & Residence Bearing
#6 of 16 in Samut Prakan

Been to Sananwan Palace? Share your experiences!