“Over priced by convenient”

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bang Phli
Reviewed January 14, 2007

Brand new hotel located adjacent to the new Suvarnabhumi airport is a convenient choice for those short layovers. The shuttle service is great, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The check-in and out service is slow, and needs improvement. Hopefully additional properties will open in the area soon, to bring the price down to more comparable choices in the land of smiles.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank BYOB
Write a ReviewReviews (6,019)

Reviewed January 13, 2007

Wow - this is what airport hotels look like now? I should stay near the airport more often. We couldn't hear planes at all. My husband and I even got a Thai Foot Massage, we were in the same room for it and that's where I noticed I didn't hear a single plane during our treament. Our dinner was excellent at their Square restaurant (we did not do the buffet). The best airport hotel - and ranks up there as one of the best hotels ever to stay out. And it's more secure than any hotel I've ever been at. And everyone speaks English rather well. And while the hotel is not physically attached to the airport, you can walk to it if you like - it's only a 5 min walk (but no safe crosswalks across one street so not advisable if you have kids) There is of course a free shuttle, but the road system at the airport is so confusing it took us longer to get there via shuttle than if we'd have walked - not a big deal tho.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GreenStarfish
Reviewed January 12, 2007

Stayed over one night on our way from UK to Cambodia. Next morning (22nd December) I paid by credit card and the hotel arranged a car to take us to the airport. We had just checked in and were about to head for the departure gate when I heard someone call my name. It was a member of staff with my credit card which I had left back at the hotel.

When they realised the mistake the hotel must have dispatched the guy by car to return my card.

Now, not many places would go to all that trouble. We were impressed and very grateful for such honesty and good service.

Oh, and the hotel was pretty nice too, I thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HowlinWilf
Reviewed January 7, 2007

I stayed at this hotel twice. The first time was planned on Nov 4, 2006 and the second time was unplanned (due to delayed flight - and paid by the Thai Airways as was the buffet dinner and breakfast) on Dec 1, 2006.

Each stay was just fine. No pluming problems, nice clean room, fully functional with internet access, everything was fine. I looked for problems and found none.

After being quite nervous having read some terrible reviews here, I found myself wondering what hotel other reviewers stayed at? I was quite pleased with this hotel and will be staying there again as I travel through Asia. As a matter of fact, this hotel is much nicer than the old Amari Airport hotel.

The shuttle van (outside gate 4) to the hotel is a short trip. Looking forward to the underground tunnel to be completed, but I still might take the shuttle because it is actually fast, less than 5 minutes each time.

As with any hotel in Bangkok, checkout can take time if there is a line as they all try to confirm minibar usage. I allowed an extra 20 minutes for checkout each time. The first took all of 3 minutes, and the second took 8 minutes. The second stay was with everyone else scheduled on my flight which was delayed. I was quite surprised that check in and check out was as quick as it was. My checkout experience was positive each time, but plan a little extra time at any hotel in Bangkok just to be safe.

Summary - Nice hotel, convenient , no worries, will stay again!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkDC-Travel
Reviewed January 6, 2007

The Novotel was the only choice available at the new aiport. We arrrived at 0800, and were directed to Exit 4 to catch the courtesy bus. We were elated to be able to check in early. Our room was really lovely, overlooking the swimming pool. Very spacious and fabulous bathroom. The pool area is beautiful; there is also a well equipped gym, and steam rooms. Every member of staff we came across was helpful and polite. We had dinner in one of the restaurants which was very good. On the whole could thoroughly recommend this hotel - not just as an airport hotel! Expect to pay 300 bhats into Bangkok by taxi including the toll fees. Our only critiicism - and we are being picky here(!) - was that the aircon was far too ferocious in the public areas.

2  Thank fromleeds
Reviewed January 4, 2007

It's an airport hotel, so how much can you expect, right? Wrong. The Novotel is absolutely beautiful. Entering the front doors in and of itself is an experience due to the beautifully, modern, decorated lobby which extends upward several stories.

Let's get to the good stuff: The bathroom amenities! A lovely array of deliciously scented soaps, shampoos, bath foams, and any little thing you may have forgotten to pack (like a sewing kit or hair dryer). Did I mention that the comforters are fluffy, the beds ginormous, there are cushy slippers in the closet and a fine selection of (expensive, but nice) restaurants on the ground floor?

My one complaint about this hotel, however, is that there was clearly a plumbing problem in my room that was not solved after I called the front desk to complain. (A fowl odor coming from either the sink or the toilet or both). Since I was out touring Bangkok on my last night in town instead of sitting in my room asking housekeeping "Do you smell that?" it was never fixed.

But otherwise, the hotel was great, the shuttle was easy to find and if you're on your way in or out of Bangkok, this hotel is great. Otherwise, stay closer into the city. It's at least a 30-minute (and 250 Baht) taxi ride to get into the heart of town.

FYI, they also have reduced rates if you're staying for less than six hours.

• Stayed: December 2006
3  Thank Annika9
Reviewed December 26, 2006

Just wanted a hotel to stay the night ready for our long flight back to the UK. Did not expect a great deal from this hotel other than a clean bed and a Bangkok welcome. We were surprised.

On arrival at BKK I did have difficulty finding out how to get to the hotel no one seemed to know. In the end we took the lift and went to the lower floor then to door 4 and there was a mini bus waiting. As we left another one arrived so it would appear that you do not have to wait long for transport.

The foyer was nice and our room was really good with a very comfortable bed. The hotel was busy but no noise. We had a drink in the bar which was nice and listened to a live band which was good. We then eat in the resturant and the service was again very good and they were lovely with children sitting opposite us.

Good rates nice pool and little garden excellent service we will stay here the next time we visit Bangkok just for the night. I would only recomend this hotel for the night as it is too far out of the city but then if you dont mind travelling there is nothing wrong with this place.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
#714 of 891 in Bangkok
Grand Inn Come Hotel
Grand Inn Come Hotel
#3 of 5 in Racha Thewa

Been to Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!