“Pleasantly Surprised”

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bang Phli
Reviewed January 6, 2007

The Novotel was the only choice available at the new aiport. We arrrived at 0800, and were directed to Exit 4 to catch the courtesy bus. We were elated to be able to check in early. Our room was really lovely, overlooking the swimming pool. Very spacious and fabulous bathroom. The pool area is beautiful; there is also a well equipped gym, and steam rooms. Every member of staff we came across was helpful and polite. We had dinner in one of the restaurants which was very good. On the whole could thoroughly recommend this hotel - not just as an airport hotel! Expect to pay 300 bhats into Bangkok by taxi including the toll fees. Our only critiicism - and we are being picky here(!) - was that the aircon was far too ferocious in the public areas.

2  Thank fromleeds
Write a ReviewReviews (5,948)

Reviewed January 4, 2007

It's an airport hotel, so how much can you expect, right? Wrong. The Novotel is absolutely beautiful. Entering the front doors in and of itself is an experience due to the beautifully, modern, decorated lobby which extends upward several stories.

Let's get to the good stuff: The bathroom amenities! A lovely array of deliciously scented soaps, shampoos, bath foams, and any little thing you may have forgotten to pack (like a sewing kit or hair dryer). Did I mention that the comforters are fluffy, the beds ginormous, there are cushy slippers in the closet and a fine selection of (expensive, but nice) restaurants on the ground floor?

My one complaint about this hotel, however, is that there was clearly a plumbing problem in my room that was not solved after I called the front desk to complain. (A fowl odor coming from either the sink or the toilet or both). Since I was out touring Bangkok on my last night in town instead of sitting in my room asking housekeeping "Do you smell that?" it was never fixed.

But otherwise, the hotel was great, the shuttle was easy to find and if you're on your way in or out of Bangkok, this hotel is great. Otherwise, stay closer into the city. It's at least a 30-minute (and 250 Baht) taxi ride to get into the heart of town.

FYI, they also have reduced rates if you're staying for less than six hours.

• Stayed: December 2006
3  Thank Annika9
Reviewed December 26, 2006

Just wanted a hotel to stay the night ready for our long flight back to the UK. Did not expect a great deal from this hotel other than a clean bed and a Bangkok welcome. We were surprised.

On arrival at BKK I did have difficulty finding out how to get to the hotel no one seemed to know. In the end we took the lift and went to the lower floor then to door 4 and there was a mini bus waiting. As we left another one arrived so it would appear that you do not have to wait long for transport.

The foyer was nice and our room was really good with a very comfortable bed. The hotel was busy but no noise. We had a drink in the bar which was nice and listened to a live band which was good. We then eat in the resturant and the service was again very good and they were lovely with children sitting opposite us.

Good rates nice pool and little garden excellent service we will stay here the next time we visit Bangkok just for the night. I would only recomend this hotel for the night as it is too far out of the city but then if you dont mind travelling there is nothing wrong with this place.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Fouroaks
Reviewed December 25, 2006

Very well-managed and clean, professional place. Big rooms. A wonderful place to spend a night while in transit. Note that the room service menu is very limited but if you ask, they'll let you order form the regular restaurant menus.

Stayed: November 2006
3  Thank inspiteof
Reviewed December 25, 2006

I stayed at the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport the night of 22 December 2006 after a late night arrival. By the time I checked in it was 11 p.m. When I arrived at my room the key card for the room door did not work. There were no courtesy phones on the floor to call the receiption to seek assistance and I had to endure a long walk back to the reception where they apologized and issued a new key card. This key card did work and once inside the room I immediately checked the connecting door leading to the next room. It was unlocked and so was the connecting door leading from the next room into mine. I opened both doors and quickly shut them to make sure that this was in fact the two connecting doors. This meant that I could walk into the next room and persons who checked in there could walk into mine. I was shocked as this was the first time I had experienced such a thing in any hotel. I am a frequent traveller to hotels in Asia and USA. I called housekeeping who came in immedaiately to lock both doors from both sides. This situation is totally unacceptable and I dare not think of consequences for myself (I am a single female) had I not had the foresight to check the connecting door. The next morning on checkout I left a note for the management. I hope they take action. Anyway, I have decided not to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: December 2006
2  Thank TinaWashingtonDC
Reviewed December 13, 2006

I had been very concerned regarding the prior reviews posted on TripAdvisor. In fact, I had cancelled my stay at this hotel for my arrival in Bangkok but ventured to stay on my last night. Everything went very very smoothly. There are posted signs to the shuttle in the airport (could be even more prominently displayed still), IT'S EXIT 4 ON THE ARRIVALS LEVEL, and there was someone at the exit to make sure I was in the right place and locate the shuttle. My check-in was excellent, I was able to pay my bill the night before because I had a very early flight out the next morning, the food was decent (although expensive for Thailand), and the shuttle to the airport early the next morning was on time and very quick. My room was lovely and all the plumbing worked excellently. No concerns at all. i would recommend the hotel for either arrival or departure from BKK.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Brenda M B
Reviewed December 12, 2006

I stayed at the hotel for one night because we had an extremely early flight back home the next morning. The shuttle from the airport was easy to find. in fact, there were uniformed greeters to help people find the shuttle. The shuttle left immediately after picking us up and delivered us to the hotel quickly. Check-in was fast and easy--although for some reason originally they couldn't find our reservation that had been made through the Accor hotel site. Staff was polite and friendly throughout the hotel and the Thai restaurant. The restaurant was first class and I second a previous post recommending the fish in lime chili sauce. There was also a huge buffet that looked great in one of the other restaurants. There is a beautiful courtyard garden with water, a little bridge and a Thai-style building--perfect for a nice little romantic stroll after dinner. The room was obviously new, well designed and we were surprised how quiet it was for an airport hotel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Racha Thewa
Louis Tavern Hotel
Louis Tavern Hotel
#727 of 891 in Bangkok

Been to Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!