“Not So Excellent”

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bang Phli
Reviewed December 25, 2006

I stayed at the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport the night of 22 December 2006 after a late night arrival. By the time I checked in it was 11 p.m. When I arrived at my room the key card for the room door did not work. There were no courtesy phones on the floor to call the receiption to seek assistance and I had to endure a long walk back to the reception where they apologized and issued a new key card. This key card did work and once inside the room I immediately checked the connecting door leading to the next room. It was unlocked and so was the connecting door leading from the next room into mine. I opened both doors and quickly shut them to make sure that this was in fact the two connecting doors. This meant that I could walk into the next room and persons who checked in there could walk into mine. I was shocked as this was the first time I had experienced such a thing in any hotel. I am a frequent traveller to hotels in Asia and USA. I called housekeeping who came in immedaiately to lock both doors from both sides. This situation is totally unacceptable and I dare not think of consequences for myself (I am a single female) had I not had the foresight to check the connecting door. The next morning on checkout I left a note for the management. I hope they take action. Anyway, I have decided not to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: December 2006
2  Thank TinaWashingtonDC
There are newer reviews for Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

Reviewed December 13, 2006

I had been very concerned regarding the prior reviews posted on TripAdvisor. In fact, I had cancelled my stay at this hotel for my arrival in Bangkok but ventured to stay on my last night. Everything went very very smoothly. There are posted signs to the shuttle in the airport (could be even more prominently displayed still), IT'S EXIT 4 ON THE ARRIVALS LEVEL, and there was someone at the exit to make sure I was in the right place and locate the shuttle. My check-in was excellent, I was able to pay my bill the night before because I had a very early flight out the next morning, the food was decent (although expensive for Thailand), and the shuttle to the airport early the next morning was on time and very quick. My room was lovely and all the plumbing worked excellently. No concerns at all. i would recommend the hotel for either arrival or departure from BKK.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Brenda M B
Reviewed December 12, 2006

I stayed at the hotel for one night because we had an extremely early flight back home the next morning. The shuttle from the airport was easy to find. in fact, there were uniformed greeters to help people find the shuttle. The shuttle left immediately after picking us up and delivered us to the hotel quickly. Check-in was fast and easy--although for some reason originally they couldn't find our reservation that had been made through the Accor hotel site. Staff was polite and friendly throughout the hotel and the Thai restaurant. The restaurant was first class and I second a previous post recommending the fish in lime chili sauce. There was also a huge buffet that looked great in one of the other restaurants. There is a beautiful courtyard garden with water, a little bridge and a Thai-style building--perfect for a nice little romantic stroll after dinner. The room was obviously new, well designed and we were surprised how quiet it was for an airport hotel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Holden2
Reviewed December 11, 2006

This modern hotel is stylish and beautiful while being extremely conveniently located. The flight schedules in Bangkok make it the perfect place to stay and if you want a night out, it is just a taxi ride from downtown. It is a very quick trip when taking the toll road. The staff were professional, the rooms impeccable and the food was delicious. Be sure to visit the internal courtyards in the Thai garden or around the pool. Either place is a perfect spot to relax with a drink and enjoy the evening.

I know other reviewers have had complaints, but from my experience, I believe those issues were a result of the recent opening and all kinks have been completely "ironed out." Also, I like the layout of the rooms and the decor. It was romantic not to have the bathroom be more of a closet than a relaxing spot for a bath after a day of travel. And the orchids in the room added to that effect.

I will definitely visit here again. It is the kind of accomodation and service that I came to expect at the Novotel/Sofitel locations I visited in Europe.

• Stayed: December 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Giselle-K.
Reviewed December 10, 2006

My husband and i stayed at this hotel for an over night stop over on our way to Phuket. We were a little worried as many other reviews had mentioned minor problems due to the hotel being brand new however all we encountered was pleasant, quick and efficient service. The room was very clean, large and modern. Breakfast was fantastic. Buses were available at all times both on pick up from the airport and drop off. Did not have to wait at all. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back for all stop over’s in Bangkok. Highly recommended.

6  Thank po
Reviewed December 7, 2006

After reading some of the reviews, we were wary about staying here. However, I think they've got it all worked out now and are really going out of their way to provide good service. Somebody there is reading these reviews!

Arrival (6pm) : Hotel representatives were waiting kerbside to direct us to the shuttle bus which arrived promptly.

Check-in was very easy and fast. Courteous and efficient service with staff anxiously making sure we were quickly directed to the next open check-in reperesentative. Bags were promtly delievered to our room (5 minutes).

Room : Immaculately clean and well appointed. Very pleasantly surprised. Tastefully decorated. Expected generic, but it was actually very nice.

Check-out (6am). Took 5 minutes. No waiting while they checked the mini-bar or any other such nonsense. Like the check-in, smooth and efficent.

Overall: nice hotel, good service, very nice room. No problems. I would definitely *not* go into Bangkok if on a short overnight layover. We did that on the way back as we had a 36 hours to kill. The airport is a long way out.

6  Thank SteveMoulding
Reviewed December 2, 2006

My girlfriend and I arrived at Bangkok airport and were swiftly greeted by a representative from the hotel and we were quickly placed in a minibus to the hotel. It is right at the terminal, only a 2 minute ride. We dropped our bags with the bellman and proceeded to check in. Our rooms were fine and as we had been on a ten hour evening flight, and were flying out the next morning we wanted to sleep. Our bags took over forty minutes and three phone calls to arrive to our room. The hotel had just opened, but this kind of service is simply unacceptable.

2  Thank Mitch_Mitch
Grand Inn Come Hotel
Grand Inn Come Hotel
#3 of 5 in Racha Thewa
Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Been to Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!