“great place”

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bang Phli
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I stay here just one night this hotel is very large area and the room that i stay was spacious, lobby is the largest where never seen before and staff at business center were very helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to other.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed April 25, 2009

I was on my way back to the states after having "roughed it" in India. I hadn't had a proper shower in days... and... omg. I rented this hotel for the 10 hour transit period I had between coming in from Bengaluru and continuing on to Hong Kong and JFK.

I took a bath in my deep tub. Then I showered off with the huge shower head. Then I went for a swim in the enormous pool with a poolside bar. I floated on jacuzzi jets.

Then, why not - a massage. A two-hour massage - for $us 60! :D

In the spa they served me this tea which was like a breath of heaven. I bought a bag of it afterwards to have at home. I shopped in the hotel gift shop and it wasn't too over-priced. I'm sure veteran travellers would beg to differ, but if you don't have time, definitely look around in here. The shop that is the farthest out in their little indoor hotel mall is the best value.

All in all the best spot ever to transit, really! I enjoyed it so much. For sure I"ll be back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We did not choose this hotel really it was just the only one at the airport and we did not expect much from it! Oh my gosh. We were whisked away to a seperate room to check in and given cool towels and drinks. We were shown to our room which was beatiful shame we wern't here for longer really (not even 24 hrs).

We found the hotel food and drinks to be expensive so we walked over to the airport for Dinner and brought back a bagfull of drinks and snacks. The staff seemed quite amused at our attemts to smuggle this back in! Not sure many people do it.

Breakfast was included and although it was 5 am I really enjoyed it.

All in all a great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2009

An ideal stopover break if you are travelling onward and have a long enough transit time. A very modern hotel and comfortable. Could do with a little more entertainment especially, since everything else is so far from the hotel.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed April 19, 2009

Me and my partner had big delays in getting ot Bangkok through fault of our own, we were due to arrive in the morning and spend the whole day in Bangkok, however we ended up getting the last flight from our island to Bangkok, so never arrived until past 7pm. We were shattered and had had a stressful last day, so I had been looking on the internet before boarding our internal flight to BKK in the Bangkok Airways Lounge and saw adverts for the Novotel hotel airport all over google. So we had decided that because it was 5 minutes from the airport and we had an early international flight departure time that this would be the best option.

We got to BKK and went to the taxi rank and a girl pointed us in the right direction of the Novotel shuttle bus station. The drivers were really helpful once we told them we didn't have a booking and escorted us inside to get one of their sales staff, who was friendly as could be, booked us a room, and sent us off in the shuttle bus.

We arrived at the hotel, and when I say this hotel was grand, I mean really grand. We had had a bit of a luxury holiday staying in 4* places pretty much most of the time throughout our month long travels and figuired why stop now so despite the cost of this hotel, which should've indicated just how grand this place was we never thought twice. We got out the bus to have our bags immediately taken from us and put on trolleys. Then lead through this grand reception area and greeted by every single member of staff on our way to the check in desk. Check in was easy, although even though it was very clear there was no breakfast included in this price my partner embarrasingly enough (even though already feeling really out of place) asked. Well, NO despite it costing around £140.00 a night there is no breakfast included. There is about 3/4 restaurants there, and about 3 bars inside the hotel. There are men manning the lifts 24/7 callling lifts for you, not allowing you to lift a finger. We got in our room, and it was really nice, especially the bathroom area! We decided we'd go for a swim and get our money's worth.

The pool, well was something else, really grand and had a working pool bar :) The guy manning the bar was lovely and we spoke to him for a little bit (as I speak a little Thai- enough to have a conversation) he seemed overwhelmed by us speaking to him. It seemed everyone else there was on business and too stuck up to even smile at you as you passed in corridors! Really disappointing!

Anyway, dinner you kinda had to eat there, and the problem with this is people then take the micky with their prices. Dinner was rubbish, confusing and very expensive, nearly £4 for a can of Diet coke, when its 40p everywhere else! A feeling of being taking for a ride!

All in all, the staff were really lovely, the rooms were nice, the restaurant we ate in, the Chinese one was rubbish and over expensive, and on a whole the whole experience really wasn't worth it!!! This place is for people with too much money, also for old men with gorgeous young Thai girls, and SNOBS... far too important to be even falsely polite! People here seem to take themselves far too seriously!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2009

We stayed at the Novotel by the airport because we had an early flight in the morning to Chang Mai. This hotel is new and very beautiful. I would highly reccomend staying here if you have to be at the airport early or have hours before a flight late in the night.

Very westernized and comfortable. The price was nothing compared to the USA rates for the same quality. I think we paid $120.00 (usd) for the night. The rooms were airconditioned and comfortable. Room service was great and the pool area was beautiful.

The spa was wonderful. I would reccomend getting a massage or treatment if you have time. Breakfast was NOT included but there was a wonderful buffet in the morning for $17.00 (usd) or an ala cart menu if you chose not to eat the buffet.

This hotel is about 10 minutes from Downtown Bangkok and transportation is readily available for all guest.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bakesie
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Then this is the right choice.

Smooth sailing from airport to hotel via shuttle and then check-in with only slight delay.

Lobby blows you away, but then the rooms and hallways are less than ideal.

Still, this place exceeds expectations for travelers with higher standards who have a brief layover and no desire to go into Bangkok itself.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Racha Thewa
Louis Tavern Hotel
Louis Tavern Hotel
#727 of 889 in Bangkok

Been to Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!