“Travel through Suvarnabhumi Airport requires a stay here!”

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bang Phli
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Novatel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi for one night at the beginning of our south east Asia trip and one night at the end of our trip. Flying into Bangkok our flight arrived at 10:00pm and after searching countless nearby airport hotels I settled on the Novatel because of their included airport transfer and proximity. After 17 hours of travel I didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding a taxi to take us to some far off hotel. The Novatel has a desk at the arrivals hall in Suvarnabhumi airport where you provide the attendant with your reservation name and they load your bags into their mini bus to take you the hotel (about 5 minutes drive).

At the hotel they have an open check-in/check-out policy (because it's an airport hotel) so they don't have set times prearranged. Just let the receptionist know at check-in when you'll be leaving the next day and they'll arrange a spot for you on the bus back to the airport if needed. My greatest piece of advice for people departing Bangkok is for them to stay at this hotel the night before their flight. We stayed here the night before our flight and as a result we were able to take showers and feel relaxed right before our 18 hour trip back home. With the intense heat of Bangkok and the length of time it takes to get from downtown Bangkok to the airport via public transport (around 1.5 hours), this was one of the best decisions we made.

The hotel doesn't include wifi, but you can purchase access for an hour, 12 hours, or 24 hours. In addition this hotel has great breakfast room service, which you can order and schedule the night before. We ordered fruit and croissants which were delicious (and arrived on time). If you're travelling on a budget this hotel is a bit pricy, but in my opinion well worth the cost for the convenience and peace of mind.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gaby R
Write a ReviewReviews (6,112)

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Best airport hotel I've stayed in although the prices are a little high it's was well it to be near the airport. The rooms are as good as any 5 star in the uk. We strongly recommend this hotel for a 1 night airport stopover.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hotel is located close to the Suvarnabhumi International Airport and can be reached by free hotel shuttle or just by underground walkway in 5min.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was quite big, fresh and clean with spacious well-designed bathroom. Bed was highly comfortable and large with many pillows around. Also hotel is providing outdoor swimming pool.

I have booked hotel only for one night, between my flights to continue further journey.
My plane landed at Bangkok very late at night. I thought I will miss great opportunity to stay in a room longer, because I have to check out in the morning. When I arrived to the hotel, I learned that, doesn’t matter what time are you checking in, hotel counts your stay from actual arriving. I had a chance to sleep longer.

I left very happy and relaxed. Definitely I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were very pleased with our short stay at this hotel. We only spent a quick night here, after getting in late at night from Los Angeles. The airport was easy to find and a quick walk in the underground, air conditioned, tunnel. The staff was very friendly and checked us in right away. The room was very clean and comfortable. We ordered a late night snack and the pad thai was surprisingly pretty good. We rushed through our breakfast because we had to catch an early flight. The buffet had lots of options and even had an omelet bar. This hotel is very conveniently located, comfortable and surprisingly really nice. Definitely recommend this!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Basically it's all in here within previous reviews. Nice hotel but they have a problem with the whole smoking thing and it seems to me there is no excuse for not fixing it if the manaagement cares about customer service. Having read previous reviews I speficially emailed the hotel in addition to requesting through the agent. The hotel replied immediately and confirmed. On arrival I was asked by check-in if I wanted smoking or non-smoking. A clue. Went to the "non-smoking" room and it reeked of cigarette smoke. Complained and was irritated by assurances that I had been allocated a non smoking room. Anyway, with a little reluctance, they moved me to another room and it was fine. However when you are staying at an airport hotel to break a long journey up you don't want this hassle.

Other points - shuttle service excellent, reception staff welcoming, gym and pool excellent, room - spacious but a little tired (sheets had a tear that had been repaired). Wi-Fi an expensive charge for every 24 hours.

Breakfast - disappointing. As usual a five star hotel using orange squash instead of real juice and vile coffee. I stayed at a B&B in Tasmania for half this price and got freshly squeezed juice and a cafetiere of lovely fresh ground coffee. When will the big hotel chains learn ?

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed for 1N at the Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport hotel.The hotel provides an shuttle to the airport every 15mins every day. There is also a shuttle to go the hotel from the airport( located at the counter almost outside the hotel,better ask someone for directions to the counter.) The room was spacious and the bathroom had a shower+bathtub. The food we ate at the hotel was delicious.The pool looked stunning(we didn't use it as it was raining) and the gym is fully equipped. The only disadvantages are that there is no wifi in the room and in the lobby you have to pay exorbitant prices for wifi for short time periods. The other problem was that to make an international call the rates are 4USD for a min(To Srilanka, I do not know for other countries) which is pretty expensive. All in all it was a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night just recently.

Can't fault the hotel for all of its services - check in, the restaurant(s), bar, pool bar, pool and the shuttle bus to and from the terminal.

Bonus is that the shuttle bus drops you off right outside your airlines' checkin so you don't have to walk too far. Suvarnabhumi is quite a large airport.

The pool and pool bar are well kept and a gem of an oasis on site. The water is perfect especially when enjoying a cool beverage from the pool bar.

The only minor item about my stay was that breakfast service was quite disorganised. The food on offer from the buffet was first class but it was just the little things. They were struggling to set the table and when I asked for a coffee, they supplied no spoons for sugar and stirring. It was only a little thing, but quite minor overall.

Would stay here again especially for a stopover.

Room Tip: The corridor on the top level can be quite warm and stuffy. Once inside your room, the air conditio...