A fabulous place to spend your time in transit, not your average airport hotel!
We visited the Novotel twice during our holiday. Our first stay was overnight as we arrived late and were getting an early morning flight out to Koh Samui. From the moment we arrived at the airport we were impressed with this hotel. The complimentary shuttle bus was waiting for us as we came out of gate 4, level 2. It didn’t wait for any more passengers, we just swiftly departed. Although the hotel is directly across from the airport, the shuttle takes a quick 5 minutes as it has to do some loops due to the layout of the road. If you do not want to catch the shuttle, there is also an underground air conditioned tunnel that you can walk from the airport to the hotel.
Once we arrived we were pleased with check in. We didn’t have to wait and the whole process was very quick and efficient. When you walk in the entrance the whole of the ground floor is a well appointed atrium with several restaurants and bars along each side and trees and seating in the middle. There is lots of glass and it feels airy and light.
Our superior room was in the second tower on the fifth floor. It was a clean, modern well sized room. The King Bed was comfortable. There were tea and coffee making facilities. Pay for view movies were also available. The bathroom was large with a separate bath and shower. We had free Wi Fi as we have an Accor loyalty card. The sound proofing was excellent, we didn’t hear any noise and you would never guess the airport is so close, good sleep quality.
We were impressed with all of the food options that seem to be available all of the time. Several restaurants in the entrance atrium serve food until 10:30pm or else there is room service available 24 hours. Arriving later in the evening this was welcome as we were able to order a meal or something lighter which we opted for. Buffet breakfast was included in our package and was very good. There was an extensive choice of both western and Asian options. Good selection of cold and hot dishes, including an egg station which makes eggs to your preference. The same restaurant that serves buffet breakfast, The Square, also has buffet lunches and dinners as well as offering a la carte menu throughout the day and evening.
Our second visit was on our return. We did not stay the night but took advantage of a day rate as we wanted to spend our time at the hotel rather than the airport. It was a great decision and a good way to spend 6 hours. We were able to use the outdoor pool which is a great size, also has a swim up bar and lots of outdoor seating. Our room was a superior room in the first tower on the fifth floor. This tower also featured a lovely outdoor Thai garden which was nice to walk around and great to be outside amongst trees rather than inside airport. We also took advantage of the restaurants and had a lovely meal before our flight. Again we utilised the complimentary shuttle to get to and from the airport.
Would definitely recommend it as a place to spend time in transit, for any long stopovers not just overnight. They also have flexi time so you can check in any time and get to depart 24 hours later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport is a 4 star hotel located 10 min walk from Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok. Ideal for business trips, the hotel features 12 meeting rooms, grand ballroom for up to 1,000 people and a business center. Boasting 612 comfortable and contemporary rooms, the hotel also offers 2 bars and 4 restaurants. With a 24 hr airport shuttle every 10 min from Gate 4 Level 2 and parking available, there is no better place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Racha Thewa
- Novotel Hotel Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Novotel Hotel Bangkok
- Novotel Bangkok Airport
- Bangkok Novotel