“Consistent HIgh Quality Service/Staff/Rooms”

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bang Phli
Colorado
“Consistent HIgh Quality Service/Staff/Rooms”
Reviewed August 10, 2008

This was our 7th or 8th stay at this hotel, as we generally stay here on our way in or out of Bangkok.

It is 5 minute ride from the airport. The shuttle staff, which have a list of names of arrival guests, was waiting for us outside the airport door. They were effecient, friendly and courteous.

In the past, we have experienced some of the delays that other posts have described with check in and check out. On this most recent visit (July 15-16) we did not experience any such delays and were immediatley checked in and out in less than 5 minutes.

My husband was celebrating his birthday the night we were at the hotel and the four of us opted for the International buffet in the hotel restaurant. We thought it was fabulous and was better than I had remembered it from a year earlier. The staff did a nice dessert and birthday celebration for my husband. The service, especially for a buffet, was very good and attentive. Used dishes and glasses were immediately removed when we got up from the table to try another item.

The rooms are well appointed, we have never had airport noise and the staff has always displayed the highest level of service.

The business center, which I always use, is very comfortable. It cost about $10 U.S. for an hour of time on the internet, but it is very nice surroundings and they bring you a bottle of water while you use the computer.

Their is a wonderful breakfast buffet and if you have an early morning flight, like we did, there is an express breakfast that starts at 3 a.m., which has fruit, coffee, tea and pastry.

My only complaint about this hotel, is that everytime I make reservations, I make them in my name, which is different than my husband's last name. The hotel always request the name of both guests so I provide my husband's name as the additional guest. I always use my credit card to guarantee and pay. Yet, it never fails that when I arrive, they can't find my reservation, either at the airport shuttle service or at the hotel reservation desk, because it is always under my husband's last name! I know this is a cultural issue, but it still drives me crazy.

Overall, this is a great airport hotel that can always be relied upon for good service, clean and well appointed rooms and a courteous staff. We always know we will have a good meal, a great glass of wine and a good night sleep here. We didn't use the pool this time, but in the past, have really enjoyed the pool.

• Liked — staff, rooms, service
  • Disliked — It always use my husband's name for reservation even though I make the reservation
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Broder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
sutton surrey
Reviewed August 10, 2008

stayed for one night at end of holiday in koh samui booked executive floor you get much quiker check in and out also discount in spa which was good really nice swiming pool nice room very good bathroom not bad bufet for dinner good value for this type of hotel very good transfer to and from airport as you cant walk yet all in all very good value for airport hotel

• Liked — lcation for airport
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank derekklgr
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 8, 2008

This is one of the best Novotel hotels you can ever dream of. A top end one. Impressive lobby, clean, shiny, spacy, nice and modern rooms, the bathrooms are classy. The swiming pool is a very nice one. The service is great with smiling faces and a helping hand everywhere you go. I stayed there one night waiting for my next flight. The only downside for me was the spa, which was also very classy and high end but the person who promised to take care of me was not so carefull and I had pain in my shoulders for 3 days, so my advice if you like to have massage there is to ask them to be gentle, carefull and no hard elbow methods. Otherwise an excellent transit hotel.

• Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Faris010
Sydney
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I have a slight disability so arrived at the bus pick up point in an airline provided wheelchair. The hotel staff and the drivers were very fast in assessing my needs and organising a fast check in for me at midnight.

During my 36 hour stay I was treated with great kindness and consideration. I used the spa for a massage and a facial and if the feeling of being able to fly on gossamer wings could have been transported to my arthritic bones I would surely have been able to dancea brilliant tango - it was that good.

When it came time to check out the concierge had organised for the bell captain to travel with me in the hotel bus and to facilitate access to another wheelchair and stay with me until I had completed the check in. Its this type of service and care that makes travelling so much easier.

My thanks to all the staff for their care and concern

• Liked — the level of service and care
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank TinaSparkles1
Norway
Reviewed August 1, 2008

This is not where you volunteer to stay a night when in Bangkok. Me neither. My stay was forced upon me due to a cancelled flight back to Europe. I admit, not a good starting point.

The hotel is not to blame for the poor food my airline decided to pay for for delayed passengers. It was the least impressive buffet dinner I have ever been served. Plain rice and noodles and over cooked fish, chicken and what I think was supposed to be beef. But the staff is responsible for having placed a big platter of fresh fruit under my chair. When I stepped on the outskirts of the platter they came running, removed it and placed it on the buffet (sic!). Can you imagine?! No explanation was given why it was placed there in the first place.

The rooms are ok. Very little noice from the airport. But the minibar was sealed off, the same was pay-tv-movies. Bathrooms have seperate tub and shower. The shower is actually a challenge. The mixer tap has been given such an idiotic design that I really had to do some yoga exercises to get wet. Low water pressure just added to that challenge. You can see the pics for yourself. The mixer tap sticks almost 0,5 m out from the wall. I could also mention a flooded toilet, and two wake up calls during the middle of the night which we had not asked for. But no apologies.

So do not let the marble floors in the impressive lobby blind you. There is another story behind the walls. Good coctails, though.

• Liked — The coctails
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chriscrossNorway
SFO
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel many times due to its location so very close to the airport. Without a doubt, the biggest problem is the speed (or lack of it) of the check-in process. After arriving at the hotel around midnight with a confirmed reservation, the check-in time has never taken less than 20 minutes and sometimes it has been almost 40 minutes. This seems a very easy problem for the hotel to solve, but for some reason the dont fix it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Check-in/Front desk
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank SFOMIKE
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Stayed here for a few hours on an overnight stay between two international destinations. Hotel was very clean, modern, and had the amenities you would expect. Airport shuttle was pain-free and quick. Check-in / check-out was a bit slower than I would have hoped. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank brian796
qualitymgr, Quality Manager at Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2008
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your comments.

It is always a pleasure to receive a feedback.
I very much hope we will be given the opportunity of having your stay with us in the future.

Best Regard,

Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort
Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort
#2 of 5 in Racha Thewa
Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Been to Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!