This was our 7th or 8th stay at this hotel, as we generally stay here on our way in or out of Bangkok.
It is 5 minute ride from the airport. The shuttle staff, which have a list of names of arrival guests, was waiting for us outside the airport door. They were effecient, friendly and courteous.
In the past, we have experienced some of the delays that other posts have described with check in and check out. On this most recent visit (July 15-16) we did not experience any such delays and were immediatley checked in and out in less than 5 minutes.
My husband was celebrating his birthday the night we were at the hotel and the four of us opted for the International buffet in the hotel restaurant. We thought it was fabulous and was better than I had remembered it from a year earlier. The staff did a nice dessert and birthday celebration for my husband. The service, especially for a buffet, was very good and attentive. Used dishes and glasses were immediately removed when we got up from the table to try another item.
The rooms are well appointed, we have never had airport noise and the staff has always displayed the highest level of service.
The business center, which I always use, is very comfortable. It cost about $10 U.S. for an hour of time on the internet, but it is very nice surroundings and they bring you a bottle of water while you use the computer.
Their is a wonderful breakfast buffet and if you have an early morning flight, like we did, there is an express breakfast that starts at 3 a.m., which has fruit, coffee, tea and pastry.
My only complaint about this hotel, is that everytime I make reservations, I make them in my name, which is different than my husband's last name. The hotel always request the name of both guests so I provide my husband's name as the additional guest. I always use my credit card to guarantee and pay. Yet, it never fails that when I arrive, they can't find my reservation, either at the airport shuttle service or at the hotel reservation desk, because it is always under my husband's last name! I know this is a cultural issue, but it still drives me crazy.
Overall, this is a great airport hotel that can always be relied upon for good service, clean and well appointed rooms and a courteous staff. We always know we will have a good meal, a great glass of wine and a good night sleep here. We didn't use the pool this time, but in the past, have really enjoyed the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport is a 4 star hotel located 10 min walk from Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok. Ideal for business trips, the hotel features 12 meeting rooms, grand ballroom for up to 1,000 people and a business center. Boasting 612 comfortable and contemporary rooms, the hotel also offers 2 bars and 4 restaurants. With a 24 hr airport shuttle every 10 min from Gate 4 Level 2 and parking available, there is no better place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Racha Thewa
- Novotel Hotel Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Novotel Hotel Bangkok
- Novotel Bangkok Airport
- Bangkok Novotel