“Wonderful transit hotel.”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bang Phli
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful transit hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I chose this hotel at first because I only had less than 12 hours in Bangkok before catching my connecting flight to Jakarta. The hotel provides their own shuttle buses to pick up customers from the arrival hall (Door 4). The ride is about 5-7 minutes to the hotel. You can also walk to the hotel through the airport parking lot. But when it's hot and humid, the shuttle service serves you best with their super cold a/c. Going back to the airport is on demand shuttle service, which is very commendable !

My first stay there, they couldn't locate my reservation eventhough it was a prepaid reservation. After searching for about 10 minutes (eternity for me to wait for that after flying in from the US) they finally figured out where my reservation was.

Requested a king size bed but received two double beds in the room. I didn't bother to complain because I was more exhausted than interested in dealing with them.

The room is adequate. Large, clean, comfortable, good working a/c, shower and tv.

My room rate didn't include breakfast or internet (internet is about USD7 for 12 hours use). So I had to fork out USD22. However, the breakfast itself is left to be desired. For an Asian property, they seem to be lack of variety of items to offer. They pretty much cater to those who are on the run to catch a nap and a quick meal in between flight. They could definitely use some improvement in that breakfast offering.

But I stayed again 10 days after my initial stay there. This time I upgraded myself to an executive floor that comes with Free internet, breakfast, and afternoon happy hour. I did this because I had more time to spend at the hotel so this is definitely a better deal for me. The afternoon HH's snack selection is not as great either. However, they have a very good alcoholic beverage selections so that itself paid for the upgrade (USD40 to upgrade). Again, the same breakfast the next day but that has already included in my upgrade rate.

All in all, an adequate place to stretch your tired body after a long flight and before catching another one. That is if you don't want to deal with Bangkok's traffic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
QualityMgr, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience; it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Your feedback is very important to us as our effort is to continue to improve the products and services, more importantly we can address the issues instantly.

Our team is look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Khon Kaen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Actually I am glad u asked me.
Today I saw a charge on my credit card.
I phoned the hotel asking why they had charged me as it was all prepaid through u guys.
They said it was a deposit for the room but I don't believe them
They said it would be refunded
I think its not true
I wont be staying at their place ever again because of that.
I stayed there because of your recommendation

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Ross N
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are truly concerned to read of your review regarding the credit card charged.

We would like to inform you that your credit card verification was taken upon your arrival. This verification will be reflecting on your credit card statement as pending payment. Please take not that pending payment is not a charge but it is credit card verification and will be automatically released within 14 days after your departure.

Please contact us directly to verify this matter if it is still pending on your credit card statement.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is the obvious and most convenient choice as a transit hotel in Bangkok. It's very close to the airport and offers a 24hr check in/check out facility which is perfect for transit passengers. Transfers were easy and frequent. Rooms and bathrooms are of a good size and quality. Checking-in took far too long and the hotel needs to review systems here. The hotel also know they are the only real genuine option close to the airport and this becomes apparent. While I was waiting to check in, a casual customer fronted and enquired about a room. He was quoted 6700 baht for the night in a basic double which I thought was excessive and taking advantage. Their bar and bar snack prices are also expensive but there is no choice. So while this hotel is good in many respects, you get the feeling they know they have a monopoly and turnover is more important than customer satisfaction.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank albert411
Dear Sir/Madam,

We appreciated your feedback; it is very important to us as we strive to improve the overall quality of our products and services going forward.

Our Director of Rooms Division who wills indeed looking into this matter very seriously on improving the check in procedure. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that you had experienced during your check in.

Once again thank you very much for your constructive comments. We hope that we will be given the opportunity of having your stay with us in the future.
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

we stayed at this Novotel because of a very early flight, and it was very convenient - 5 minutes walk (aircond underway) from the airport, or free shuttle bus at gate 4. We were upgraded to a Business floor room, which was huge and very nice, such as the bathroom. In addition of the traditionnal soap and other amenities, there was also a body scrub (1st time I see this in a hotel !). Swimming pool is great, with a pool bar and small jacuzzis, you can really relax. many dining options in the hotel at reasonnable price - or you can just go back the airport if you want even more choice of restaurants and food. Staff was nice and efficient (we asked for the fast chek out and just had to leave the key when leaving at 2.30am). Only the wifi is non inlcluded, but the business center let me check my emails for free on their computer, which was nice. No noise at all in the room from the planes (you can only hear planes taking off when you are outside at the pool). there are many other and cheapers hotels around the airport, but not that close, and if you can afford it Novotel is by far the nicest and most convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WYQ
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We are always happy to stay at Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel when we need to make a stop over in Bangkok.
Great Money Value and easy access to both Airport and the City.
The Breakfast could be improved, to less options.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Paragon Inn
Paragon Inn
#311 of 851 in Bangkok
Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Been to Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!