I chose this hotel at first because I only had less than 12 hours in Bangkok before catching my connecting flight to Jakarta. The hotel provides their own shuttle buses to pick up customers from the arrival hall (Door 4). The ride is about 5-7 minutes to the hotel. You can also walk to the hotel through the airport parking lot. But when it's hot and humid, the shuttle service serves you best with their super cold a/c. Going back to the airport is on demand shuttle service, which is very commendable !
My first stay there, they couldn't locate my reservation eventhough it was a prepaid reservation. After searching for about 10 minutes (eternity for me to wait for that after flying in from the US) they finally figured out where my reservation was.
Requested a king size bed but received two double beds in the room. I didn't bother to complain because I was more exhausted than interested in dealing with them.
The room is adequate. Large, clean, comfortable, good working a/c, shower and tv.
My room rate didn't include breakfast or internet (internet is about USD7 for 12 hours use). So I had to fork out USD22. However, the breakfast itself is left to be desired. For an Asian property, they seem to be lack of variety of items to offer. They pretty much cater to those who are on the run to catch a nap and a quick meal in between flight. They could definitely use some improvement in that breakfast offering.
But I stayed again 10 days after my initial stay there. This time I upgraded myself to an executive floor that comes with Free internet, breakfast, and afternoon happy hour. I did this because I had more time to spend at the hotel so this is definitely a better deal for me. The afternoon HH's snack selection is not as great either. However, they have a very good alcoholic beverage selections so that itself paid for the upgrade (USD40 to upgrade). Again, the same breakfast the next day but that has already included in my upgrade rate.
All in all, an adequate place to stretch your tired body after a long flight and before catching another one. That is if you don't want to deal with Bangkok's traffic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport is a 4 star hotel located 10 min walk from Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok. Ideal for business trips, the hotel features 12 meeting rooms, grand ballroom for up to 1,000 people and a business center. Boasting 612 comfortable and contemporary rooms, the hotel also offers 2 bars and 4 restaurants. With a 24 hr airport shuttle every 10 min from Gate 4 Level 2 and parking available, there is no better place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Racha Thewa
- Novotel Hotel Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Novotel Hotel Bangkok
- Novotel Bangkok Airport
- Bangkok Novotel