Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
$23
$26
$24
Orbitz.com
Sananwan Palace(Bang Phli)(Great Value!)
$12
$11
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,269 results
All reviewsunderground walkwayswim up barexecutive roomnovotel bangkokfive minutesan early flightthai restaurantnext morningbusiness centerchecking inbetween flightsarrivals hallbreakfast buffetfree shuttleen routeshuttle servicean overnight stay
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The way to the hotel is a little weird since it is connected directly to Suvarnabhumi Airport. The last four or five hundred metres you are passing a part of the airport that either has not been opened yet or is simply not being used. Never mind, once entering the hotel lobby it is a huge lobby with separate front desk and concierge areas.
After waiting in line to check in, they realized that I had booked a club level room and was escorted to the club lounge with separate check in. It would have been more convenient for me just to check in there since I already had to wait or it should be pointed out where the lounge is.
The club check in was very quick since they already had all details on file and just needed a signature.
To point out two very positive points, the SPA is open from 7 a.m. till midnight and the breakfast is already being served from 3 a.m. While they say it only serves a "smaller" breakfast until 6 a.m. it is more than you can ask for, with fresh fruits, full American breakfast, variety of pastries and breads as well as a few Asian dishes.
To the rooms... the pictures on the internet looked nice, in reality they already look kind of worn out. I assume do to high occupancy and constant turnover everything looks overused, even the bathroom. For a short transit stay, if you do not want to loose a lot of time driving in and out of the city, this is an ok choice. For the price that you pay, you easily can get better options in the city (taxi fares already included).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jean Pascal B
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed there for the 3rd time this year. Last time i got so disappointed that I said no, never again. But due to the location so close to my customer and directly located at the airport I had no other choice.
The worst at this hotel is, that the internet connection speed is a mess. I have never beein in any other hotel in the world with such a low internet speed. It was nearly impossible for me to connect to my company's VPN, and once connected, the connection broke after a short while.

I booked an Executive room, and I am an Accor Platinum member. No one takes care about your status. I think the ladies at the Business Center they need training - In customer service and in English language. The do not even say good day or hello. And at the checkout they just say: Check out ? Credit Card ? Not more.

Describing those ladies my problem with the internet speed, I think they did not understand me and did not realize what I need. They sent me a guy from the IT-department. This guy neither spoke english and installed a Wifi-bridge in my room - showing me the connection was 54 Mbit before (WiFi) and now it will be double speed (100 MBit) ! Of course windows shows 100 Mbit if you connect with a cable - but the speed is the same: 54Mbit. . The IT-guy needs training as well - in English and in serving customers. I don't like to be treated like i am stupid !

My decision is now really: Never again. The price is too high for what you get. I paid around 200 € per night. I can expect much much more service for that.

Positive: Restaurant and room, especially the bed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank deetony
Reviewed September 26, 2012

It’s a very nice place to stay if you have a late arrival or early departure. It is not as soulless as other airport hotel can be.
The rooms are big, huge very nice bathrooms, soundproof windows so you don’t hear a thing from the airport. Nice bar and delicious breakfast (very big choise of food). Free shuttle to the airport. You can’t go wrong with that hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had one of those situations where we were flying domestically to Bangkok, then internationally the day after. I had planned it that way, I wanted to be back in Bangkok for another day before going home, but shifting around so much within a short time frame doesn't always work out well.

For that, I'm very appreciative for this hotel. It let us have an enjoyable final day in Bangkok, and the final day really is the hardest.

I'm not going to say that this hotel is nothing but convenient, either. Its location to the airport, and the Airport Line into the city, are incredibly convenient. So is 24 hour checkout and a decent breakfast.

In a city of amazing hotels and impeccable service, however, the Novotel really falls short. The staff just weren't as helpful as you need when you're tired from travelling. Plenty of gestures of grandeur, the lobby is definitely splendorous, but there was no tea in the hotel room and when called for some, we got one black and one green tea bag. There was a big contrast between having attentive staff call you a lift, and totally inattentive staff giving you a twin room when you asked for a double.

I'm spoilt, of course. The hotel was perfectly comfortable, affordable and extremely convenient. It was just a harsh contrast with the flawless service we'd had everywhere else in Thailand.

Oh, and no free wifi, which is a huge inconvenience. Being able to check in online and keep updated about flight delays, etc. is really important for an airport hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms are on the other side of a very high walkway, so tell staff if you're not good with heights.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kakoSydney
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel does justify the 'top 5' place. Well designed, super staff and excellent rooms. The policy of giving you a full 24 hour stay is unique and ideal for an airport hotel. We checked in at 8pm and had the room until 8pm the next day. That beats the 'late check out' offered at most hotels. Excellent choice of restaurants including one open 24 hours a day.

Room Tip: Go for the executive floor for access to the lounge.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple