“Good surprise!”

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bang Phli
Reviewed December 12, 2007

I buy my tickets originating in Bangkok so many time I fly down to Bangkok just to spend one night. I was not that familiar with the new airport ( I have transited but never stayed a night ) so had planned to arrive and go to the local hotel desk and get a great rate like I used to do at the old airport but was informed by my Bangkok travel agent that Novotel does not belong to the association so this option was not avaialble. The rate that I was quoted by my Bangkok travel agent as well as a Thailand based travel site had higher rates. I was able to get the best rate (BHT 4500 .. about $ 143 ) through Expedia.com

I arrive at midnight and had to wait around for about 20 minutes for their airport shuttle (which was already there) to get going. As it turns out if you are willing to walk ( which is what I did on departure ) it is a very short, maybe 10 minutes or less, from the airport to the hotel. You cross a street and go through the parking structure.

I was pleasantly surprised. Very nice hotel and very comfortable. You cannot hear the planes at all. If I had to pick on something I thought the breakfast buffet ( I had to pay about $20 ) was not up to the usual Thai hotel breakfast buffets in terms of choice of different dishes.

If you have to stay over this is the place and I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank rparkhk

Reviewed December 9, 2007

Our stay at the Novotel was flawless. We had Executive Rooms booked so immediately we were taken to a private area for check-in and offered complimentary drinks and appetizers. What a nice treat! The hotel had even held our luggage for a week prior to our arrival when we were visiting Krabi. We dined at the Chinese restaurant which was excellent. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever. The hotel is a bit pricey, but worth the convenience of being so close to the airport. We never had a to wait for a shuttle and the customer service was fantastic. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank ursula13
Reviewed December 5, 2007

We missed our flight to krabi as our flight to bangkok was delayed 7 hours. We were traveling with 2 years old kid and were very tired after 9 hours flight. We booked room directly on front desk and went to room and wow it was nice and pleasant night on that room. On the morning we continued our trip to krabi as very relaxed.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank jjaaskel
Reviewed December 4, 2007

The Novotel at the new International Airport in Bangkok is a real gem!..It really makes air travel connections through Bangkok and staying overnight rare a special pleasure rather than a hassle. My wife and I stayed two nights there on our way to Laos and back from Cambodia. In both cases it was all we needed, a plunge into comfort and pampering, after a long intercontinental flight in anticipation of an adventure journey, and then at he end of that journey, before the long flight that took us home to ur daily routine.

The king size bed was magnificent and the room was very spacious. The seafood buffet athe mian restaurant was a culinary delight. The hotel staff is very courteous and efficient. Even seasoned travellers like us who have been to all seven continents were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located within the airport, at two minutes walking time from the terminal. Still, for those who do not wish to drag their luggage around, the hotel provides a 24 hour non-stop shuttle service, practically every five minutes. As our return flight was late at night, we obtained, without any hassle, a late check out at 4 PM at no extra charge. The lobby, and the swimming pool with bubbling water from underneath, are beautifully designed and we did spend a few hours there.

My wife insisted that next time, wherever we go in the East Asia Pacific region, we do get a Bangkok connection, and stay there overnight, just for the pleasure of staying again at Novotel. What else is there to say?...

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank ilgimi
Reviewed November 30, 2007

The Novotel is an excellent hotel for a stopover at Bangkok airport.
The rooms are large and well appointed. There were tea and coffee making facilities, a hair dryer but no ironing facilities. English speaking TV is limited to BBC world Bloomberg and CNN - hardly an entertaining nights viewing!

Room service was prompt and the quality of the food good.

However, they have you captive so things are more expensive than in hotels in the city.

The biggest rip off is internet access in the business centre where they charge 200 baht for 1 hour with no minimum, so if you only need to check something for 5 mins you still get charged 200 baht.

Check in was quite painful. The check in desk is confusingly at the back of the hotel and not signposted. Despite having 4 people on the desk there were queues and everything seemd so slow. Checking out was not quite as bad but this was late morning and maybe not a busy time.

I would stay there again because of the convenience.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank mad4travel
Reviewed November 27, 2007

This is your typical airport hotel. That is perfectly adequate but very expensive. The best thing about the hotel was the food service. The food was uniformly good, but again very expensive. The service at the front desk would be comical if it weren't happening to you. It was the first time in forty years of around the world travel that I wasn't presented with and could not get an itemized bill at check out. The attitude seemed to be trust us this is what you owe. Will I stay here again, not if I can help it.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank JerryDean
CGNDEU, Dirk Breuckmann, Resident Manager at Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2007

Dear Jerry Dean,
thank you for taking the time to post a review at tripadvisor.
I felt disappointed after I learnt that our staff didn't following the procedure properly.
I posted my contact details on your tripadvisor mail account. After receiving your contact details, I will forward to you the final statement.

Explanation: During night time the PMS system needs to be shut down for a short time. During that time we can only provide an information invoice. On this information invoice all postings are mentioned and can be checked up to the final consumption. After the system coming back to normal operation again we close the guests account and have settled the billing. After this we will provide the final statement via fax or e mail to our guests.

Mr Jerry Dean once again I sincerely apologize and acknowledged to your comment, please kindly be assure that we will monitor caretully to make sure all our staff are aware of individual guest requirements on particular matters.

Yours sincerely
Dirk Breuckmann

Reviewed November 24, 2007

Great hotel next to the new Bangkok airport. Very convenient with fast and very efficient service. The staff ver extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are large and new of very high quality. Restaurants and bars are plentyful and very good.

From the moment you enter you don't feel like in a Novotel but rather a very good 4 star hotel.

There is only one tiny thing that I missed: A way to walk between the hotel and the terminal. Though you can see the Novotel when you leave the terminal and notice how close it actually is, there is no way to walk there. You have to take the shuttle bus, which I must admit runs very frequently.

Overall probably not a good choice for an extended stay in Bangkok but then that is not what this hotel was build for anyway and it is an excellent choice when in need for a hotel at the airport.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank imagine71
Novotelsuvarnabhumi, Dirk Breuckmann, Resident Manager at Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2007

Dear flyer101,

thank you for taking the time to post a review at tripadvisor.

The hotel will be connected with the airport in the near future. The underground walkway is related to the BTS Skytrain which is still under construction.

Until then the hotel is providing a shuttle service free of charge. You will find the Shuttle bus at exit 4, arrival level 2

Dirk Breuckmann

Grand Inn Come Hotel
Grand Inn Come Hotel
#3 of 5 in Racha Thewa
Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Been to Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!