“Great rooms, excellent Thai restaurant, good service”

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bang Phli
Reviewed November 21, 2007

We stayed here for one night only curtesy of Etihad Airways due to severe delays at BKK airport. We therefore didn't get to use ALL of the facilities at the hotel so my review is only based on general service, rooms & food:
Good Points:
- Nice rooms - obviously we were only in a standard room but it was clean, spacious with tea / coffee making facilities, good lighting and a lovely bathroom with a window through to the bedroom.
- Excellent buffet selection and the food was of a very high standard at both breakfast and dinner & decent international wine selection at dinner.
- Nice pub/bar with good service and atmosphere.
- Service was efficient, not particularly friendly, but much more efficient than anywhere else in Thailand this time around.
- Location - Directly opposite the airport - reliable shuttle service every 15 mins (journey takes 3 mins)

Bad Points:
- Just as another reviewer mentioned, the temp control tap on the shower is badly designed, so while showering, it is very easy to knock and scald yourself - not good for children.
- Without sounding picky, I agree with another reviewer that if you are very jet lagged, finding the reception desk is a task you could do without.

Summary:
-If I needed / wanted to stay at an airport hotel at the start / end of my trip, I would definitely stay at the Novotel for comfort, good food and efficient service.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelPassionChar
Write a ReviewReviews (6,022)

Reviewed November 19, 2007

After an endless (and delayed) flight from Los Angeles, this was a real treat. Sorry we didn't stay longer than 1 day (although there's nothing to do in the neighborhood, there are lots of options within the hotel). Visually very attractive, room was large and comfortable, overlooking the central lobby area. Really enjoyed dinner in the Thai restaurant, and their buffet breakfast was excellent. Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelfan
Reviewed November 14, 2007

We decided to have a night at the Novotel after we flew in from Koh Samui before our flight back to Melbourne and it was the best thing to do. Not only did it give us the perfect rest before the flight home, the whole hotel was absolutely gorgeous. The rooms were so spacious and well appointed and the pool area looked amazing (eventhough it was night when we were there and we looked out the window!). We had to leave very early the next morning so we missed the full buffet breakfast but they provided us with an express breakfast which was fantastic in itself. The staff were great and the shuttle to airport is very regular. We will definitely stay there again on our way through Bangkok to our next destination...infact we would go out of our way to make sure we stayed there even if we could get a connecting flight straight away!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bmam
Reviewed November 14, 2007

This is one of the better airport hotels.

Good shuttle to/from the airport terminal, nice rooms with no noise.

The satff were fine but check in can be a long process (even at midnight). Check out was OK.

Highly recommended if you have to stay close to the Bangkok airport.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Superbuyer
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I stayed at the Shangri-La when I first arrived in Bangkok and loved the fine service I received there. I left Bangkok and when I returned for just one night I thought that this hotel at the airport would work out well. Yes, it has a sumptuous lobby. I wish that the same degree of thought that was put into the decor had been utilized by management to train the staff. There was no warm greeting at the check-in desk. No one smiled! It appeared that other travelers were weary and not receiving prompt or pleasant service either. There were loud voices, etc. When I got to my room it was confusing as to how to turn everything on. The room was well-equipped but not spacious. Breakfast was not included in the room rate. It was okay, but lacked the comfort in the diningroom (the man next to me was speaking on his cell phone the entire time!) or the choices that had been available at the Shangri-La. Check-out was also an unpleasant experience. No one asked me how my stay had been. I would not stay here again unless I were flying in very late and out very early!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank qhdesigner
Novotelsuvarnabhumi, Dirk Breuckmann, Resident Manager at Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2007

Dear qhdesigner,

thank you for taking the time to post your comment at Tripadvisor after your recent visit to Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel.

I felt very disappointed after I learnt the service you received didn't match with your expectation. Your valued comments forced me one more time to conduct a training class to make sure the front office staff will be more attentive.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that was experienced as a result of these regrettable circumstances.

Dear qhdesigner, thank you once again and I very much hope we will be given the opportunity of having you stay with us in the future, where we will be able to restore your faith and greatly improve our performance.

Best regards

Dirk Breuckmann
Resident Manager

Reviewed October 25, 2007

Accor executive booking & service was excellent
A magnificent hotel with Thai atmosphere.Architecturally impressive & aesthetically pleasing. Room excellent, staff helpful , considering hotel size & client turnover still very personal.great pool & gym. 5 min airport shuttle
Food & service in Square restaurant good
As frequent travellers to Thailand will use this hotel again as it saves so much time not having to go into city especailly at busy times & is so attractive & comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank antonyb
Reviewed October 25, 2007

I opted to stay here due to an 8am flight the next day. It was a lot more than I was paying to stay in Bangkok (near Khao San Rd) but it was well worth the money.

Hotel was easy to find. Just headed towards the airport and there were signs for airport hotel (didn't say the name), which were easy to follow.

Lobby is very impressive. It was huge. Did find it a little strange that you have to walk all the way through the lobby to get the reception. But it was smooth.

Room was lovely with the lovely white bedding I'm fond of. Makes you feel clean just being in it. Had a few of a courtyard (the Asian one, not the pool one), bathroom was amazing with the huge deep tub, glass shower and wonderful bath goodies to try out.

Hotel was a bit confusing to master but I did figure it out. Pool was outside and it was too hot to go out there for a swim. One thing I wish it had was an indoor pool.

Had dinner in the hotel (where else is there to eat, as even at the airport it is all through customs/security), it was a Western/Asian buffet for 640 baht. Food was amazing. I was very impressed with the dishes provided. There was basic Indian and Thai food, sushi and then all of these artistic dishes (my favorites were avocado with crab garnish or pumpkin puree with scallops). Also a vegetarian area, fresh fruit, desserts, etc. It wasn't lacking for choice. It was a lot to pay for a meal, but well worth it, esp when an entree elsewhere is about 300 baht and up.

Check out was simple and the airport shuttle is very handy. Overall, I would recomend this hotel to others, esp when they get in late or leave early, or just want to relaxingly arrive at the airport.

Stayed: October 2007
#714 of 891 in Bangkok
Grand Inn Come Hotel
Grand Inn Come Hotel
#3 of 5 in Racha Thewa

Been to Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!