“May be, may be.”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bang Phli
Istanbul, Turkey
“May be, may be.”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

- Far from city. (Great if you don't wanna hear airplane noise but if you need public transportation, you've got problems)
- Bad car park ever (but good staff to help you to park, especially if you have pick-up, you may have parking problems)
- If you book with the "walk-in" price, you may need to find other hotels.
- Staff looks a little bit cold, anyway if you need help, they help you.
- Room size is ok, but dirty. (6th floor; 26.1.2014 checked-in)
- A/C with mold and smelly!!!
- Not so noisy (We slept next to maid room we had troubled in another hotel with the guests who checked in at night around 2 o'clock talking like fighting so for this hotel we begged to get the room in the most silent floor just to sleep so it's not so noisy.)
- Mini mart at the first floor; in case if you're hungry (yep, if you don't have car, you need to check it)

Room Tip: Better find other choices.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NARUEMOL P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Thai first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had no expectations as we came to this hotel. It seemed to locate in the middle of nowhere as the taxidriver tried to find this place in the evening.

Personnel at the hotel spoke English pretty well and our "suite" - it seems families with children need to have a suite always to fit into the room - was pleasant. Bathroom was enough for one night, you got hot water in the shower.

There was some noise in the hallway during the night, so I used earplugs.

Restaurant was good enough to have a dinner and breakfast. Next morning we continued our trip and the taxi, which the hotel arranged, came at time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elisa T
Gold Coast
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Being a frequent traveller to Bangkok I have stayed in many hotels close to Suvarnabhumi Airport. When it comes to value for money, proximity to airport, size of rooms- this hotel is clearly my favourite now. Rooms were clean, great size, and well maintained. Over the road is a mid-size supermarket with everything cheap. Hairdresser over the road - fantastic value for 180 baht wash, style cut, blowdry and straighten. Spent the first night in the cheapest room- nice, but the 2nd night upgraded (for a couple of dollars), to balcony room- well worth it. Only recommendation is it would be great if they put chairs/table on the balcony.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony room higher up on pool side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GoldCoast123
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2014

They were an hour and a half late picking us up (after 2 phone calls) the room was not made up so we had to change. We ate in the restaurant and was up all night being sick and having diahorea. It is on the middle of nowhere, and 7 kilometers from the airport (not an airport hotel as advertised)

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank DAJ36
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed December 9, 2013

It may not be "Grand", but "Convenient" it is! The hotel has the nicest staff there can be - from the airport pickup to the food service. While Convenient Grand Hotel may not be the best choice for someone wishing to explore Bangkok, it is a very, very good choice for someone needing a good sleep and a rest between two flights. All in all, I congratulate myself with the choice, and I highly recommend the hotel for those who need a hotel near the Suvarnabhumi Airport (note: the hotel is still about 10-15 minutes away from the airport - it is not on the airport grounds themselves, but it is still ... convenient!)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank virgiliupop
Yelm, Washington
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel was very inexpensive, and seemed online to be a nice, clean, simple hotel with wifi, close to the airport. It is clean, and the staff were as helpful as they could be under the circumstances. However, as another reviewer stated, it is very old, shabby and dark, in a shady area, and difficult to get to. Most taxi drivers have no idea where it is, even if you give them the address. When I walked in, a sign informed me that the internet was down, and when I asked about it, they said that the internet lines are not very good in that area. So apparently it is a common issue. And as someone else said, the beds are INCREDIBLY hard. Like box springs. When I got to my room, I had a balcony, which was nice, but the sliding door would not stay locked. While I was on the seventh floor, so someone coming in wasn't SO likely, I still felt very insecure leaving my belongings there. There was a safe, but the door was shut, so I couldn't use it. There was no shower curtain or surround, so the shower would have just sprayed right out on the floor, if I'd used it. Also, it's the kind of place where you have to put your key card in a slot to turn on the lights and A/C, so whenever you leave, the A/C goes off, and your room is hot and muggy when you come back.

I really needed to use the internet and get a good night's sleep, so I decided to change to a different hotel. To their credit, the front desk staff were polite and helpful, especially NJ, who allowed me to use their mobile phone to change my tour pickup for the next morning (you cannot make local calls on the phones in the rooms). They called me a taxi twice, and NJ even wrote the name and address of my new hotel in Thai for the taxi driver. I was tired and irritable, and was less than gracious myself, so I have to give them credit for keeping their composure.

With more reliable internet and different mattresses, this might be a good budget hotel. As it is, though, I couldn't even stay there one night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 567eileenm
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 7, 2013

It is a cheap and clean option for a rest between flights. Airport transfer was good.
Difficulty booking: I booked off the hotel website and yet they did not have my booking when we arrived. Our friend had booked through booking.com and that booking was received.
Breakfast buffet was fine. Beds very hard. No tea/coffee facilities in room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
#3 of 8 in Bang Phli
The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok
The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok
#291 of 862 in Bangkok

Been to Convenient Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!