Our first time to Sri Lanka, we booked the hotel almost entirely on the look of the website. The reservation process was simple and uncomplicated, providing us with a flexible accommodation option of staying both at the Frangipani Tree and their sister hotel in Galle, The Fort Printers. Unfortunately we arrived a little worse for wear as we had endured the lengthy journey down from Colombo with a bout of food poisoning. The staff were so welcoming - they could obviously see we were not in the best of form and so made us comfortable and settled very quickly so we could recover in peace! As other reviewers have noted, the food here is incredible and the first night, Chef kindly made us a delicious, homemade chicken soup to help ease our unsettled stomachs. The next day, we gradually were able to enjoy all of the wonderful meals and dishes that they prepared for us. Everything is made fresh and in their kitchen - from the pineapple jam to the extraordinary and delectable curries. We felt very lucky having one of the top accommodation options in the intimate resort; spacious with a minimalist decor that was 100% in tune with the location & setting.
The pool is gorgeous, providing an impressive welcome to the property and outlook onto the Indian Ocean. If you are normally busy, technology-dependent people, this place will force you to slow down and relax. Internet was available down by the pool so you are not totally cut off from the world outside although, after a few days, you won't even care.
We were having such a great time, we chose to stay here the entire five nights and visited Galle in an afternoon to browse around. We didn't explore around the area because we were just so content in the Hotel and had relaxation at the top of our list, but there is plenty to see and do.
What makes this venue so special is the staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they truly took care of us. They are accommodating and non-intrusive - instinctive and very polite. A true asset to the Hotel and very much appreciated. We can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend Time with Sea Turtles and Sparrows who visit this beautiful property Set on an improbable juxtaposition of simplicity and luxury overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean. The Frangipani Tree is sun, sand, trees, culinary, sensuous and spiritual indulgences among Intimate, Exclusive and Elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Frangipani Tree by Edwards Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Unawatuna
- Frangipani Tree Galle
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Galle