We had three nights at this amazing property and did not want to leave. It is about 20 minutes from Galle, right on the beach. We found this area to have the most amazing coastline. Our room was enormous with an outdoor/indoor bathroom, signature concrete everything and a super comfortable bed. Justina the manager is fantastic and makes sure you feel right at home.
There is no mini bar but you don't need it. Anything you need, just ask. I came back from an early morning walk and was asked if i'd like tea or coffee brought to my room - that's the service i love. The pool is right in the middle of the property and is a great place to relax. The food is so good, as are the cocktails.
You can't swim in the sea out the front but walk around the beach about 10 minutes and there is a beautiful little bay you can swim in - just gorgeous. My husband went surfing with some locals right outside the hotel and had a great time. Take a tuk tuk and explore some of the local area - Justina and her team will organise for you.
We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend Time with Sea Turtles and Sparrows who visit this beautiful property Set on an improbable juxtaposition of simplicity and luxury overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean. The Frangipani Tree is sun, sand, trees, culinary, sensuous and spiritual indulgences among Intimate, Exclusive and Elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Frangipani Tree by Edwards Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Unawatuna
- Frangipani Tree Galle
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Galle