This resort is amazing...the only word for it. The resort is small, only about 9 villas/rooms which means not many guests and a very relaxed and peaceful environment.
My girlfriend and I stayed for 4 nights and was a real highlight of our 2 week holiday. The staff are amazing, and very helpful. You just wake up when ever you like, breakfast is served whenever you like, and not set like most resorts between ie 7-10am. Most days we went exploring the surrounding area, which is really easy via tuk tuk. Then we would just spend the afternoon by the pool drinking!
The beach is about 5m from the pool and is a true unspoilt paradise, there is nobody around! which is very rare these days.
The food is amazing, highly recommend the Sri Lankan breakfasts.
I would highly recommend staying at this place and we now are planning on when we can come back.
Oh and thank you for the room upgrade!
Tim and Nish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend Time with Sea Turtles and Sparrows who visit this beautiful property Set on an improbable juxtaposition of simplicity and luxury overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean. The Frangipani Tree is sun, sand, trees, culinary, sensuous and spiritual indulgences among Intimate, Exclusive and Elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Frangipani Tree by Edwards Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Unawatuna
- Frangipani Tree Galle
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Galle