I totally disagree with MJPearce's negative comments about the Frangipani Tree. We stayed for 5 nights at the beginning of March and were hugely impressed by the establishment (particularly the staff). Service was incredible, the rooms are clean and perfectly adequate and the food was exceptional. If you are looking for a hotel with all of the 'mod cons' of a traditonal 4 star in the UK then this is not the place for you - if, however, you want to escape from it all and relax into the organic, elegant simplicity of Sri Lanka then you will not be dissappointed! The manager of the hotel went out of his way to make our stay as stress free as possible - we left our lap top and IPad at Mumbai airport and he dealt with all of the administration to get them back for us as he said that 'it was far more important that we spend our day relaxing'. We loved the romantic setting, beautiful beaches and incredible rooms with open air bathroom. Definitely worth a visit - you will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend Time with Sea Turtles and Sparrows who visit this beautiful property Set on an improbable juxtaposition of simplicity and luxury overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean. The Frangipani Tree is sun, sand, trees, culinary, sensuous and spiritual indulgences among Intimate, Exclusive and Elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Frangipani Tree by Edwards Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Unawatuna
- Frangipani Tree Galle
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Galle