Although we enjoyed our stay in this boutique hotel the accommodation is really very spartan. The design of the rooms is severe and minimal but not very practical. The large outdoor bathroom is spectacular but not when it rains. There is no walkway from the rooms to the reception / restaurant so your feet get soaked in the rain.
Considering the price of the room a few things were definitely missing : a safe, kettle for tea & coffee, bidet, fridge, some rugs, in room wifi........
The pool is well designed but extremely narrow I wonder how it copes when the hotel is full (as the beach is unsuitable for swimming). Only one hammock!
The staff were very attentive and pleasant and we had two good though quite expensive meals.
All in all if we had paid 30% less we would have been satisfied, but at the current rates we cannot give it full marks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend Time with Sea Turtles and Sparrows who visit this beautiful property Set on an improbable juxtaposition of simplicity and luxury overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean. The Frangipani Tree is sun, sand, trees, culinary, sensuous and spiritual indulgences among Intimate, Exclusive and Elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your The Frangipani Tree by Edwards Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Unawatuna
- Frangipani Tree Galle
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Galle