Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
Agoda.com
CheapTickets
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2016

I stayed in the suite room in this property during 1st week of jan 2016.
I didnt get the room i had booked when i reached. But the staff was good to upgrade me to the best room on the resort . Its a 3 star property , the high point is its location.
I stayed there for 3 nights and i really enjoyed . The view of the sea is killer or way soothing to the eyes at any given point in the day or night.

Food - Just ok
Cleanliness - average
The owner was sweet to offer his car and driver to me for commute . I didnt have a good experience with the manager there . He acted very nosy in my matters , but the owner was good enough to help me out and take the matters to settle .
The driver of the owner is very gentleman - Nishantha if i recall the name correct.

Room tip: suite room which is beach front
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank shuchijain
Rock Fort R, General Manager at Rock Fort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2016

Thanks. this comment would help us to improve our service.

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

This is a wonder full location on the ocean of Unawatuna beach. Also it has a amazing Viwe as well. You can sea a beautiful sunset from you own balcony. Hotel is based on good location. Rock ford got a wounded full swimming pool witch feel like you swimming on the beach. I recommend this place for who travel to Unawatuna.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you vey much Mr. Mohamed, your comment would be great help for us.

Reviewed July 7, 2016

We have stayed in this hotel not during the season, so they had some ongoing constructions. But all staff was really sorry for that and we had special treatment, our room was changed for the better one and all meals were served in our room.
Food was really good.

Hotel is a bit away from the city, so be prepared to do some walking if you want to visit it. On the other hand, there are a lot of Tuk tuks, so you can use it.
Beach is 3 min walking from hotel.

What I would like to mention more, is that rooms were not clean. It were not cleaned through all our stay (3 days).

Room tip: Look how clean room is.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2016

We stayed in this beautiful property from 1st June to 3rd June. We were 8 and checked into 3 sea facing suites. The staff were extremely friendly and courteous. Nice and clean rooms and bathrooms. Sumptuous breakfast and had a nice dip in the pool. Overall it was a great stay and value for money.

Room tip: They have 4 beach facing suites which are fantastic Rm no. 107,108.117 & 118
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you very much for the valuable comment. :)

Reviewed May 1, 2016

We booked this as it had good reviews but was very disappointed. The staff seemed nice enough but the room was small and dirty. (I'm not a fussy person). Feeling very tired & a little unhappy with my choice I decided to clean the surfaces myself & make a cup of tea, only to find a cigarette but in the kettle!!!! So, no tea!! Went down to the restaurant for something to eat, I'm aware of nature & flies but I couldn't eat beacause the place was swamped with them. I thought I'd payed for a sea view, obviously the fact face that you can see it through next doors building work is enough. We'd booked for 3 days, we left the next day. As I said I'm not a fussy chick but I wouldn't stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2016