“everything in one place”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
King size beds with mosquito nets.
Entrance to the village where the villa is across a paddy field.
Local attraction.
Fire dancers on the roof, available as an extra.
Fire dance attraction, available as an extra.
Shashika, your host
Large bathrooms/wet rooms
The Pavilion postcard
View back towards the villa from the pool.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jackander...
Galle, Sri Lanka
“everything in one place”
Reviewed July 21, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

it was amazing trip we had with my family.great location ,15 minutes walk to the beach ,great food ,and friendly staff.shashika is the manager who will do everything to make his customers happy in there holiday .highly recommended

Jul 22, 2017
Thank you for your review and I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip with us.
Shashika does take pleasure in looking after our guests and has lots of contacts in his phone. I hope you come back and see us again.
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything, as I said, it was an amazing holiday!
Liked least: There was nothing I didn't like / like least!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nov 16, 2016
Thank you for your lovely review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Elvira K
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Pray you avoid it”
Reviewed August 21, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

I have stayed here with my mama. I am leaving abroad and have holiday with mama it is the way to spend time together.
The place was very dirty and did not like on pictures. I have seen big cockroaches in the kitchen and a lot of insects in the room.
The young manager tried to make an impression what he is being helpful, but it was his way to sale something to us which was a bit tiring. He offered for us his tuck tuck service which was 3 times more expensive then outside. In the end we just hired a very nice a tuck tuck driver who lived a few houses away. He was a very helpful and genial guy (I could shear a contact).
The breakfast is very disappointing as only carries available for you. If you would like to have European breakfast you have to pay extra. The breakfast was always late too which made our day start later when we thought. If you would like to use kitchen you have to pay extra.
A lot of water collected on the roof which has been sinking thought the wools (you can see stains on the walls). The air in the room was damped and made all cloths smelly.
Then I did a booking I have been told that there are not a certain time for check out, but day before we needed to leave I have been informed that we have to leave by 2pm. As a result we need to store our stuff with our great tuck tuck driver.
In addition, out deposit for £10 have not been retired to us as we have been accused for some damages which I am not agree with.
The place also surrounded by a lot of dogs which sometimes coming to the villa and dogs often have been barking and chasing us.
There are not so many places to eat around we and up having food on one nearby place with very high prices (£8 per dish).
This is my sad experience

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 23, 2015
Dear Madam
Having read your review I have again spoken to the manager who is also a shareholder, firstly lets get rid of the £10 deposit, at no time was any money taken from you for a deposit so I would advise you to retract your statement regarding that issue, you may have written this by accident and give you this opportunity to withdraw said statement.

Secondly, your complaint regarding food, you requested curry for breakfast as in your words " western food is boring" I paraphrase.

With regards to the tuk tuk issue, if you chose to use someone who gives you a cheaper price you will have to expect they are making their money elsewhere, this may be the reason why you were taken to expensive shops and restaurants, in particular the ones that charged you £8 for a meal. I have eaten along the beach and have paid on average around £4-6. Driver are routinely given commission from vendors, we tend to use reliable drivers that take us where we ask to be taken and not where they, the drivers feel like taking us to line their own pockets.

On the issue of late check out, when I agreed to this I had mid afternoon in mind not the 11pm that you thought was reasonable, also with this in mind you did not request we look after your luggage which we would have done. What disappoints me even more is that you then departed from the villa while the manager was away from the premises, if you had paid a deposit would this not have been the time to request that it be returned, had you indeed paid it.

On the subject of the dogs, you make it out as if the dogs are on the property, just to clarify this point, they are not on the property or indeed our dogs. I have also not mastered the art of getting dogs to be quiet and to stop barking, we clearly make every effort to have a cordial relationship with our neighbours but we have no control over their pets. I believe on one occasion a dog did get into the property but this was due to you leaving the gate open.

You also mentioned cleanliness of the villa, the insects you mentioned might have been due to the uneaten fruit that you seemed comfortable to leave lying around and your reluctance to allow our partner to clean the villa, this might also be the reason that your breakfast was delayed as well, he cannot gain access to the kitchen through a locked gate. I our and other visitors experience they have never experienced the damp smell that you complained about, I also find this strange as the air conditioning unit was used during your stay and that would eliminate any damp smell. You are correct about the roof surface, it isn't completed to a smooth surface as yet, but this is also the reason that we do not encourage guests to go onto the roof if it has been raining, at least until the water has had the opportunity to drain off through the drainage holes, I do however agree that the sound of water draining off the roof can de distracting while sitting in the seating area, but cannot be heard from the bedrooms with the air con running.

On the helpfulness of our manager, despite his young years he is committed to making our guests stay as pleasant as humanly possible as I am sure you can see from previous trip advisor reports. Did he not arrange for you to have massages at the villa, did he not also arrange for an alternate masseuse to come to the villa when you refused the services of the first one? Not exactly what I would call unhelpful. Did he not also stay with you one evening when you went out? I believe this meant that he got back at midnight because he would not leave you unaccompanied.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your vacation but I am pleased to be able to reply to your erroneous and hurtful review.

Kind regards
Murray Heslin, Audrey Knox and Shashika Akuressa
Hein B
“Great place off the beaten path 15min walk from the beach.”
Reviewed January 29, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I stayed here with my mother for 8 days. We were welcomed with a very nice passion fruit drink and then shown our rooms. The rooms are Very spacious and luxurious, with a comfortable bed and a very big bathroom. The place is off the beaten path and it takes approx. 15mins to walk to a beautiful beach. The Host is very nice and although still a bit young in his doing can be really helpful in arranging anything you need; from trips to Galle to helping you find a tailor. They have a fantastic chef who cooks very nice meals and if you have the chance ask about a Curry night, which is more than fantastic.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Curry night, cooked by locals including 7 different Sinhalese curries.
Liked least: Towels and linnen were not changed during 8 day stay.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Aug 22, 2015
Thank you for your review, I hope you enjoyed your holiday. We look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.
Regards
Murray
BELLAJUPP
London, United Kingdom
“BEST PLACE TO STAY NR GALLE”
Reviewed January 21, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

...This is a wonderful place to stay! Shash looked after us beyond the call of duty and we had a brilliant brilliant time at the Pavillion Villa generally. Great rooms, lots of space, lovely pool, great breakfast, really efficient and friendly and convenient for everything.
I would highly reccommend staying here.
THANK YOU SHASH!
Bella

Jan 23, 2015
Thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you to the villa on your next trip to Sri Lanka.
Blackhaj
“Excellent service in a great location”
Reviewed January 1, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Shasika and the team couldn't have looked after us better. The were on hand 24/7 to help us with whatever we needed and even arranged a cricket match for us to play with their local friends.

The villa is spacious and clean with excellent facilities, made even better by the affordable price.

Wijaya beach is a short, scenic walk away and Unawatuna is not far in a Tuk Tuk.

We will definitely be staying at the Pavillion next time we are in Unawatuna. High recommended!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jan 23, 2015
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Pavilion, you were great guests and we would welcome you back any time.
marcusmor...
shropshire
“Great place to stay, excellent service”
Reviewed January 1, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We had an excellent stay at the Pavilion, and we were looked after superbly by Shashika and the rest of the staff. the Pavilion was comfortable and clean, and Shashika was able to arrange everything we wanted.
Really fun trip, would definitely come back and recommend to any friends.
Thanks Shashika.

Jan 23, 2015
Thanks for staying with us at The Pavilion it was a pleasure to have you and your friends as our guests, look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Sri Lanka.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing