Review Highlights
Worth the climb at sunset

The title says it all. If you can get off your lounger and climb for 5 mins the sunset view is... read more

Reviewed yesterday
holistichelper
Leicester, United Kingdom
via mobile
Fantastic than other Pagoda

I had been sri lankan few times, but this pagoda is very change than other one.I never seen before... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Ameriyana

All reviews peace pagoda galle fort jungle beach tuk tuk nice view small temple serene place watch the sunset walk around overlooking the ocean beautiful sunset bit out of the way worth a visit indian ocean the main road sri lanka shoes
Reviewed December 7, 2014

We took a tuk tuk up to the Pagoda and were fortunate to be almost the only travellers there. The views are magnificent out over Galle Fort and the ocean. There was a small temple with a full alter but on entering a 'guide' was hovering over us welcoming us and trying to chat with us which destroyed the calm we were expecting. As I was taking many photos I had money ready for a donation - as I went to put it into the proper box he did try to get me to put it in a grubby tupperware box over on a table away from the alter - I am afraid that I ignored his request and put it in the locked metal box. Do go and see the Pagoda though as the views are quite breathtaking.

Reviewed December 6, 2014 via mobile

Had a brief visit here. Amazing views, complete serenity and a wonderful ride up the jungle covered hill from the main road. A world away from busy Una....

Reviewed November 29, 2014

Must visit if you go to Unawatuna. Good point to see sunset. Very nice rocky view with ocean on backside of the pagoda

Reviewed November 24, 2014

Wonderful location and great views, the monks were very welcoming also. We walked up from our hotel and the scenery and views on the walk were great.

Reviewed November 22, 2014

as soon as we took our shoes off to enter, the inner peace came over us. Beautifully maintained, gorgeous views