$91
$89
$69
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

Apa Villa Thalpe(Unawatuna)
CoCo Bay Unawatuna(Unawatuna)
$82
$63
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

Thambapanni Retreat(Unawatuna)(Great Value!)
$69
$52
$88
$67
Priceline
All reviewsdeluxe cabanathe ownersri lankasuper deluxenice pooltuk tukwalk in showerjacuzzi bathtucked awayan oasisair conmini barwelcome drinkstayed here for nightssun loungerslarge bathroomshort walk to the beach
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I simply have to add my view to the many praises already posted on this site for the wonderful Flower Garden Hotel in Unawatuna.

I have just returned from 14 days spent there (ending on 31/3/12). It truly is a little piece of paradise. We had one of the DeLuxe Cabannas. A detached wooden built structure in its own little garden. It was roomy with a king sized comfortable double bed with mosquito nets and plenty of storage space, a full sized fridge and large state of the art bathroom with a walk in shower with plenty of hot water all the time. It was all kept spotlessly clean every day.

The grounds of this place have to be seen to be believed - tropical plants and flowers everywhere and an army of gardeners keeping it spic and span all the time. Our little garden was raked for falling leaves twice a day.

The staff are absolutely wonderful. They can't do enough for you and they are so pleasant - smiling all the time when they are assisting you or just passing you in the grounds. In fact we found all the Sri Lankan people charming.

The food at the hotel is great. I am a non-meat eater and I was well catered for with pastas, risottos and fish. They have plenty of curries on the menu but if you give them advance warning in the morning they will do you a special curry to order - they did me nine different vegetable curries plus a chicken curry for my other half and it was so inexpensive. Non meat eaters - try the butter fish in lemon sauce or the spaghetti in mushroom sauce. My partner is a carnivore and said the fillet steak melted in his mouth. We ate out of the hotel a few times but the Flower Garden was the best. Oh and their soups! I tried everyone and as a home-made soup maker myself - I wish I could have their recipes.

For those who do like a change of venue for dinner at night, and if you are at the Hotel for your whole holiday you will probably want to try other places - I can recommend the South Ceylon Veggie Restaurant - turn left onto the beach road and it's on your left about 600-700 metres down. We ate there three times - lovely - but you'll come back to the Flower Garden! We also ate a couple of times at the Beach restaurants. The Full Moon was good. The other was awful for us but I am not going to name them because others thought it was OK - I guess we just chose the wrong items from the menu. It is nice to eat on the beach - tables on the sand and coloured lights in the trees.

A lovely short trip out in the evening before dinner is a Tuc-Tuc ride into Galle Fort - ask for the lighthouse side and watch the sun go down.

But back to my hotel revue - a special mention has to be reserved for Sassi - the owner/manager. He is helpful and charming and will do everything possible to make your stay fabulous.

Negatives? We lost the test match but you can't blame Sassi for that!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Are party of 8 stayed here over the Xmas/new year period in 3 deluxe cabannas.We found the Flower garden to be an excellent place to base ourselves for the duration of are holiday in Sri Lanka,great for exploring the south of the island.
The owner Sassi and his amazing team of staff are a fantastic,enthusiastic bunch who's dedication to making your stay a most memorable one are an absolute credit to themselves,from the delicious food they serve,the cleanliness of the whole resort,the beautiful gardens, this place is somewhere you must try if in the south of Sri Lanka.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank DUBAIDREAMER_10
Reviewed April 1, 2012

we stayed 1 night in this hotel, for our last night in sri lanka.
this hotel is perfectly located, at a walking distance from the beach. good food, very nice and pro staff. great room with amazing bathroom. awesome pool for finishing your day off...and i was about to forget: ayurvedic center :).
this place is recommended !
if you need a guide for driving you around, Kalum is the one: great guy who stayed with us for 8 days: greenlankavacations@yahoo.com.
cheers,

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2012

After 2 years, still dreaming of this little piece of paradise. Will finally get around to writing a full review soon but Sassi and crew thank you for an idyllic holiday, just lovely.

Room Tip: try and get a standalone cabana if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We arrived in Unawatuna having been on the road for ten days, and were welcomed to a lovely cabana with excellent bathroom and four poster bed, tea and coffee making facilities and private front garden. The room was a little dark, but you can have deluxe rooms which have large terraces, or new rooms opposite the hotel which seem very modern and well appointed. We loved the pool, which was warm and very clean, shortage of sunbeds, but we usually got one as most people go to the beach. We only ate out twice because the food at Flower Garden is second to none, marvellous jumbo prawns and the best steak I have ever had. The food is western, but because we had so much curry on our tour we rather liked the fish and steak for a change. There are reviews that say it is a bit of a walk to the beach, well it's not, I walk quite slowly and it never took more than 7-8 minutes, five if you step out. Sassi the owner is one of the most charming and friendly hosts I have ever met, always smiling and never to busy to stop for a chat. Very few English people there when we stayed, and I don't think they get a lot because the book library had only a couple of English books. Lovely dogs, very friendly alsations. All the staff are very friendly, would not hesitate to go back, in fact we can't wait.

Room Tip: standard cabanas very well appointed and excellent value, very private.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple