Star Light Hotel
Priceline
$52
$45
$210
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here.1st time 31Dec 2011 which was acceptable & now 31st Dec 2012 , that's why we returned, However, new manager has improved it significantly but it still needs improving, by way of having our bed made for the second nights stay. I was informed rhe room rate is over 13000 rupees per night, for that price we would expect the rooms cleaned daily.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank DaveKalavilla
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Very nice place. The rooms were big and lots of space to move around. The bath rooms were also big, clean and there was a large tub. The staff was really nice to us and the food was really good too. We stayed there one night had a good sleep. I truly recommend this hotel to anyone. The only problem was the beach was kinda far from the hotel you have go a long distance. But apart from that really place to be and the prices were reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank astroanu
Reviewed May 31, 2011

As an elderly person seeking a restful holiday this hotel was perfect for me. The hotel has 14 very comfortable rooms and is adjacent to a nice quiet beach and is placed on the Galle to Matara road about 10 minutes from Galle. It is an attractive building with car parking and a good restaurant with quiet piano music played during my meals. Pop music was not played except at weddings during my entire stay; wonderful. There is a good very clean swimming pool. The hotel is used for local weddings, there were 3 in my 17 day stay and I enjoyed them all. The staff were discrete and inobstrusive but I did not want for anything. I made it plain to Hewa, the restaurant manager that I wanted Sri Lankan food and he did not disappoint me. My meals were excellently prepared and served. There is an A La Carte Menu as well with Western Food which some might prefer. The receptionist Chamil was perfect and anything that I wanted was provided. The manager, Romesh, too was brilliant and my welcome and stay could not have been bettered. I did not book this hotel through an agent but contacted the hotel manager direct, thus ensuring that I got the best rate for my stay. I had the pleasure of meeting the proprietor, Mr G.PS..Asoka, who lives in Italy but had returned with his wife to have their 2nd child in Sri Lanka. He too was very kind and is commended for his choice of staff.
In all my stay was perfect and I hope to return. See for yourself on the hotel website.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IBen5
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Me and my wife visited this hotel in the last august. our driver took us t the hotel and told us that a night cost 60 usd. when we arrived the manager told us its 70 usd for two night. of course we wanted to pay the lower price but the manager denied he gave me this price (this all took place in the evening after we entered the room) and later said it will be unfair to the dirver and so on...
finally he agreed and i paid the 70 usd, and he asked me if i can advertise the hotel as a thank you for his "favor".

The hotel is far from the main beach. we were the only couple there. Not bad hotel but not worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Meni_10
Reviewed November 23, 2008

I stayed at the Star Light Hotel whilst travelling in the south of Sri Lanka. It is a very nice hotel with pleasant staff who are very polite and professional.

The food was very good with a mixture of Sri Lanka dishes as well as the usual buffet range. The Chef did in fact cook up something special as there were few guests at the time.

It is a good spot to stay if one is visiting Galle, but wish to stay outside the City itself. A three wheeler is required to go into the city.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)