“Great selection at reasonable prices”

Lak Gems & Jewellery
Ranked #3 of 6 Shopping in Unawatuna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great selection at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was looking for some nicely designed gemstones throughout my trip in sri lanka and was beginning to feel hopeless as most of what I saw was either overpriced or dull looking/ nothing special. Only at the end of my trip, I came across this shop by fluke as we were just taking a stroll.

What I liked about this place, first and foremost were the two people who run the shop. They are genuinely nice people. On one of the occasions that we went there, it was extremely hot weather and one of the guys went out and pleasantly surprised us with cold drinks insisting that it’s a sign of hospitality! They were helpful in showing us their wide selection but never pushy which I appreciated. Their prices were reasonable and the quality was good too as they are approved by the state for selling gems so you know you are getting the real stuff and not glass. They give you a certificate for everything you get. I also bought this multicolored gem pendant for my mom but wanted a different color stone on it to exactly match the one I got and they replaced it for me by the next day and even came earlier to their shop so I could pick up the pendant in time as I was leaving early that morning.

If you are looking for beautiful jewelry that is reasonably priced and of good quality, I highly recommend this place!

Visited May 2013